dashdaq

6.4psd916

Reaction score
What pids did you guys get, mine only has 31, and none of them are helpful like egt or trans temp. Do i need to get the ford enhanced pids. drew techs website seems to be down too :lame2:

Jhaddox

Reaction score
You don't need to buy any extra there's a way to do it, I'll find it when I get home to a computer and off my phone If someone hasn't already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.4psd916

Reaction score
okay thanks jhaddox. wasnt looking forward to spending more... i am currently looking around the internet trying to find anyhting out

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I know powerstrokin15 had to do it with his DD when he bought it...drewtech customer support walked him through it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pog

Reaction score
Egt is egtra I think and boost is mgp under ford specific

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
thanks pog and jeff, i was hopeing you would be on to help. just trying different ones to see what they do

No problem!

Back pressure is also one you may want to consider monitoring. It is listed as EP on the DashDAQ and it reads PSI with barometric pressure added in, so actual back pressure is going to be roughly 13-15 psi less than what you see on the gauge.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
it said 56 pids a few minutes ago. thanks for all your help guys. the dashdaq website is down for some reason, so i cant check for updates or download the software for making custom backgrounds

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
What do you meant it reads what the ECM wants it to see?

Desired pressure is what the ECM expects to see in correlation with everything else. Absolute is actual back pressure with barometric pressure added in. Most of the time desired is pretty spot on with absolute - barometric pressure, but they aren't always close.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I still don't get "what the ECM expects to see". So it adjusts parameters so it sees what it wants?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I still don't get "what the ECM expects to see". So it adjusts parameters so it sees what it wants?

Okay, let's say (hypothetically) you are at 2200 RPM, 55 MPH, and 28 psi of boost. If desired back pressure is reading 34 psi, that is what back pressure SHOULD be. Absolute back pressure is what back pressure actually is + barometric pressure. Sometimes desired back pressure and absolute back pressure are in correlation with each other. Sometimes they aren't.

I honestly don't know what better way to explain it. Maybe Dustin can explain it better than me. He and I have discussed this before.

Latest posts

Members online