Daystar Airbag Cradles

marserdesigns

Reaction score
It sure why I didn't know about these sooner or why they don't include them in airbag kits. Best $60 I've spent!

ee24ebeb44e776ecf6799ca14497580e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marserdesigns

Reaction score
Before these it felt like I was riding on the bump stops. I got my factory ride back!

Coolbeans

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get this setup for a while now. I have the carli pintop 2.5" kit with full leaf upgrade and have not been impressed thus far. I believe it is because of the way my bags are set up.

marserdesigns

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get this setup for a while now. I have the carli pintop 2.5" kit with full leaf upgrade and have not been impressed thus far. I believe it is because of the way my bags are set up.

I wanted to rip my bags off because of the ****ty ride. After I did the cups, night and day difference. I'm just a Carli coil and stock leafs

dsberman94

Reaction score
Basically the bags act as limiting straps, they only travel so much.

I've never installed a set before so excuse me if I sound dumb.

So the bags are attached a both ends and this basically raises the attachment points so they're closer together. Therefore the bag has more room to expand over a bump?

Betarocker

Reaction score
Typically the bags are attached at both the spring and the frame. The cradles allow the spring end to float and when not needed they can be empty of air so the suspension can move unrestricted. When in typical installation mode, air is always required to be in the bags so they can't over stretch when crossing ditches or lifting the vehicle on a hoist. This extra air in the bags also increases spring rate which might not be needed or wanted when empty.

sootie

Reaction score
Typically the bags are attached at both the spring and the frame. The cradles allow the spring end to float and when not needed they can be empty of air so the suspension can move unrestricted. When in typical installation mode, air is always required to be in the bags so they can't over stretch when crossing ditches or lifting the vehicle on a hoist. This extra air in the bags also increases spring rate which might not be needed or wanted when empty.
Thanks for the explanation. Í didnt realize. Í need these in my life

oli6578

Reaction score
Just curious what keeps the bag from bouncing out of cradle since it's not attached on that end?

Zmann

Reaction score
I have had these on for years
no downside IME
and no more working on my truck and freaking out when you realize you forgot to unbolt the bags and the weight of the axle is hanging from them LOL

Latest posts

Members online