Decisions

cam91

Reaction score
So I got a call from ford today after getting my 6.0 towed there last week and it turns out I have broken rocker arms and bent push rods on the passenger side, they didn't bother checking the driver side yet. They said they can tear it apart and rebuild for about $10000 maybe more. The shop that did all the work to my truck last year can install a used engine (about 10000 less kms then what's currently on mine) and switch my studs over and what not for about $7000 but it'll cost me about 3grand to get it there. Ideas? Suggestions? I know I'll get nothing if I trade it in as is so don't really want to do that

cam91

Reaction score
Yea full rebuild, said over 30 hours to tear everything apart since there's pieces everywhere in the engine. And like I said they didn't check the driver side yet, that's just one side.

Sent from my magic poop stealing water chair

cam91

Reaction score
Talked to ford today in person and they said the final cost with a new engine is in excess of $14000 so that's awesome

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're in Alberta, and the shop that did the work is in the states? I thought there were some guys with shops up there, on here...check around a little bit if you can. Also keep in mind that, unfortunately, a lot of dealerships default to "needs new motor". Sometimes rocker arms can break causing bent pushrods. Replaced them before and truck has been fine since. Not saying that's the case with yours, just don't throw in the towel without a second opinion.

cam91

Reaction score
Yea I'm in Alberta, the shop is up here, Edmonton actually. NADP is the name of them. Yea I'm going to look into a couple other places. I don't really want to leave it at that ford, but I have to find away to get it out of that city and to get it to Edmonton (2.5hrs away) I was looking at $3000 so needing a trailer big enough to rent

Latest posts