DEF Tank/System

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think it is just four or six bolts that hold the tank on, then a few clips to connect the lines to it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah i need to do the same. i still have a full tank ! well , minus what i burned in 200 miles.

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Same here, wasn't sure if it was beneficial to just leave it there in case of the odd event i need to put the stock exhaust back on.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I took mine out because the guys at the dealer decided to fill it up when it got an oil change even though the service managers know its deleted. The techs are still dumb. Next time they try it it will wind up on there shoes. Just one less thing cluttering up under there

Sent from my I fone 5

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Will a earlier model fuel tank fit in these trucks once the def and current fuel tank is removed?

No it won't. Ford updated the tanks from the 6.4/6.0 trucks and went with a new design. New canister, new filler, new shape. Best bet would be a Titan replacement

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
The tanks are not hard to get out full. The pain is have the truck high enough to get the cover off I think. I can't remember. I know I had to Jack the truck up way off the floor.

If you could get a hose in to the tank you could use compressed air to pull it out.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I need to snap a shot of what happens to stagnated UREA in a UREA system.

Its not so pretty. Looks like a crystal cavern somewhere in Missouri. I deal with thousands of gallons of that crap every day on our 8200hp engines at a plant. The clogging and coking of the urea gets old. I hate the stuff.

So in other words. Purge the lines as BEST as you can with water then compressed air.

Latest posts

Members online