Deleting EGR questions

bigaF250

Reaction score
Only mods are DPF delete and tunes. Would deleting the egr without a wastegate be a bad idea? Very rarely run the performance tune, mainly just tow and street. In time turbo, wastegate and studs. Am I playing with fire?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WoodBoy

Reaction score
9/10 people on this forum running an egr delete w/out added fuel is running without a wastegate

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
Im not running a wastegate egr/dpf delete about 4000 miles so far no problems h&s performance always. Yes its definitely on my list though

Sent from a little green goblin under a bridge.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm studded. Some guys have good luck with a tune and stock head bolts, others don't. My buddy has the stock head bolts and he hauls a lot on the mild tunes with no gate and he has no issues. But he's doing studs here soon.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Studs will be soon. I'm waiting for my wallet to recover from the transmission I rebuilding now but I've got a leak in one of the coolers so they gotta go

TXlineman83

Reaction score
I'm running no wastegate but have blown my up pipe. Can't say it was a result of it or my go fast foot playing too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstroked08

Reaction score
OK so watch the bellows, back pressure, and weird swirls in oil puddles on the ground after I knock my heads through the hood...... check!

HAHA its not really that bad. But just giving the worst case senerio if you beat the hell out of it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.