Deranged rebuild, the next chapter

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
1958503_246113688910467_1720166090888673988_n.jpg

Reaction score
Would it be possible to eliminate the LPOP and use a pump from a dry sump setup. Would that avoid this sort of carnage

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Man, that really sucks!!! Hopefully a new LPOP and cover along with a good flush will get you back running. The truck has been doing so well too. I really wanna see 9's outta this truck.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
This is pretty common for the higher horsepower trucks running those dampners though isn't it? Well, maybe not common, but certainly not unheard of. And you guys are probably required to run an approved dampner no? I remember Ellerton complaining about them back in the day.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
This is pretty common for the higher horsepower trucks running those dampners though isn't it? Well, maybe not common, but certainly not unheard of. And you guys are probably required to run an approved dampner no? I remember Ellerton complaining about them back in the day.

He is required to run one anything better than 9.99 et I believe. There was an issue with the Fluidampr tearing up LPOP gears, which is why people stopped running them. Haven't seen or heard much about the ATI causing issues though...

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Yup is required for 9.99

I think I'm going to put the stock one on there and back up my 9.8 pass and try to better it some then try and figure somthing out with the damper later

Mdub707

Reaction score
Have you tried rebalancing the crank with the balancer? Or even tried a different ATI balancer?

As long as the crank was balanced before, and the ATI dampner was balanced before, and assembled correctly, it shouldn't have been an issue. At least, in theory. We do much larger assemblies here and we balanced parts only at times without issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.