Diagnose this:

Arisley

Reaction score
Yesterday, coming home from work. Truck sounds funky, feels funky. Pull up ICP pressure and ICP % on the scan gauge.

Pressure is up at about 2800, DC is at about 5%. That's funky as hell. All of a sudden, every thing straightens up and flies right. Pressure about 1800 and DC about 15.

Drop the truck at the house, ride with another guy to Granbury. Get home, I gotta make a run for some booze. Get in the truck, start it up, the funky is back. A block down the road it dies like I just turned the key off. Crank, and no hit whatsoever, ICP never even gets to 200. Put it in neutral and roll down the hill back to the house.

No codes.

What broke?

BTW, it is fixed and running now.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I wish that was my problem, my truck just died today, ran like crap last night like it was running out of fuel but made it home, (has almost a full tank). Checked the oil today. Topped it off abd started it. Ran like crap but smoothed out, backed out of the driveway and died. Icp % and psi were good, I think I have a fuel problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
I wish that was my problem, my truck just died today, ran like crap last night like it was running out of fuel but made it home, (has almost a full tank). Checked the oil today. Topped it off abd started it. Ran like crap but smoothed out, backed out of the driveway and died. Icp % and psi were good, I think I have a fuel problem.

I could have used that exact description when my FILs 97 ate its cps. But, there's lots of things that could sound similar.

ghohouston

Reaction score
IPR solenoid was fried. It was a pain to take of the IPR.

Theyre not too bad, even with the stock fuel bowl. 19mm socket on a long flex head 3/8 ratchet takes the tin nut off, then solenoid slides off, then a deep 1 1/8 1/2" drive socket, on a ratchet with a small extension works perfect for me

ghohouston

Reaction score
The only one that ever gave me problems has been on a t444e motor, in a f750 trying to get the ipr out without pulling any of the air cleaner assy, or anything kinda made it a pain

JMart

Reaction score
So did you get the booze? Thats the important thing here.:pint:

bluedge8

Reaction score
Theyre not too bad, even with the stock fuel bowl. 19mm socket on a long flex head 3/8 ratchet takes the tin nut off, then solenoid slides off, then a deep 1 1/8 1/2" drive socket, on a ratchet with a small extension works perfect for me

I think he was trying to say the solenoid didn't come off very easy

Arisley

Reaction score
So did you get the booze? Thats the important thing here.:pint:

The next morning, I had to settle for Vodka that evening.

I think he was trying to say the solenoid didn't come off very easy

Exactly. The solenoid was "welded" lightly to the shaft.

Andy, was it shorted or open? what's the resistance value supposed to read?

My guess was shorted, that's why it was "welded/melted" to the shaft. Never even bothered checking resistance.

mandkole

Reaction score
I guess there's another thing you dont see everyday...

On the first post, did you attempt to pull codes and there was nothing there, or no light on the dash? Im surprised it didnt throw a code

Latest posts

Members online