diamond eye exhaust

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
aside from everyone saying that diamond eyes down pipe has fitment issues, does the rest of the system fit well?

ive settled on getting a powerstroker67 down pipe, just looking for the rest of the system.

4", or 5". i dont care about sound, not getting crazy with truck, so leaning on a 4", but if a 5 fits nicely, and dont rattle, rub, or otherwise make noise and/or piss me off, i might get one of those instead.

really, i dont care if its diamond eye either. i got afe on my 7.3, and like the fitment.

make up my mind for me.

opinions?

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I have a Diamond Eye but it's on a 7.3. Personally, If I ever have to, I will never purchase another DE exhaust. Fitment sucked ass. I spent more time just modifying the hangers to fit than it should take to install it.

kicker417

Reaction score
I also have the 5" downpipe back and it fits perfect I have done serious off road and still working as good as the day that I got it.

outacntrl

Reaction score
I also have 5" TB and had no trouble with the DP. They did have to send me a new rear section though because it was made wrong. No problems other than that, and they sent me the new section with no trouble.

gjoski515

Reaction score
i have had my diamond eye for 4 yrs now, fit is good but need to be trimmed for the length of your truck, one thing i would do if you live in a area with emmissions, make sure you can remove a section for the cat, use vbands for easy install, im doing that to mine very soon, damn emmissions :bs:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
diamond eye, has good fitment, after the down pipe. there have been people say that the down pipe rubs.

i was making sure that there were no other issues with the rest of the system.

to the guys without a muffler, do you wish you would have gotten one? im 32, past my desire for loud things, and over my need for speed. my 7.3 with a stack was nice, but i wont put one on this one. though i still find myself driving it to work every now and then, playing with the go pedal, while im waiting on it to sell.

outacntrl

Reaction score
I don't think mine is overly load without a muffler. My 15 month old has no trouble sleeping in the truck. A couple weekends ago I a put a 5" flopro on my buddies truck with a muffler and there wasn't much difference.

anthony02tolson

Reaction score
For being a strait pipe all the way back mines not to Loud either. I have a 8" tip and if you stand at the exit it sounds like a 30mph wind coming out the back. Lol definitely a different sound. You'll love it!

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
My dp fits good. Close to the fire wall but doesn't touch. The rest of the system was a different story. I had to cut a couple different sections down and re bend a hanger as it was bent too high for some reason. All the slip fits were dented from the box being kicked around. But other then that fits bitchin haha

guillozet08

Reaction score
i got 3dp to 4 inch all way back. on mu 97 and i have had no problems with it and i like it.

ksieckmann

Reaction score
just put on my 4" turbo back diamond eye yesterday, one cut on center section, and it fit great! little squirrely around the tailpipe area being so close to the spare tire, but other then that i think it looks great.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
DE makes good kits at a great price. We have had a few fitment and clamp issues lately, but they are getting them ironed out.

scott2001

Reaction score
just ordered a 4in dp back for mine so ill let you know how it goes this weekend.

BFT

Reaction score
I installed one for a friend a while ago. I had to cut the pip down, no big deal, and make a few relief cuts for ease of pipe to pipe install on my end.

Straight pipe doesn't make a lot of noise unless you get on it. With a muffler it sounds damn near stock but still has some grunt.

Here are some vids with a 4" exhaust with a diamond eye muffler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqhbnJWRUM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOTEgRteoM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3CgZ5f_bvE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Latest posts

Members online