Diesel additives

Bigdiezel

Reaction score
Only you can decide what works. Try a few different brands that you can easily find. Report your results.

Good advice here , I mainly use what's readily available. Have had really good luck with Lucas & Stanadyne. Want to try some of the higher mentioned ones on here but looks like I'll need to order them in.

PsRumors

Reaction score
Been using Stanadyne Lubricity formula in my TDI for 37k miles. Tried opti lube and Shaeffers for a few thousand miles each but the engine sounded different and fuel mileage suffered slightly. Also, Opti had crap growing in their mix during my trial.

Stanadyne can be had at Autozone and Tractor Supply which is nice.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I've heard a sponsor sells a good one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Stanadyne hands down. We get a pallet a year. Stuff sells itself

NickPic83

Reaction score
i have been running the opti-lube and i like it. truck runs quieter than when i was using the hot shot additive a buddy of mine gave me to try

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'm surprised to here that about opti lube , it has the highest ratings in the tests that I read about

Which tests? Can you link me bro. I ask because they have great HFRR scores but to get the cold weather protection you have to double treat rate. And they don't list fuel stability or anti oxidation tests.

Last edited:

NickPic83

Reaction score
Which one?

Opti-lube I run XPD and now I run a mix of winter blend and XPD. I can't remember what hotshot he had me running but it was a year round one I'm pretty sure. It's what he runs for at least the 3 warmer seasons

Latest posts

Members online