Dieselsite coolant filter for 6.7

fnlyfree

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Dieselsite coolant filter kit on their 6.7? I recently got one in a trade and looked over the instructions. It seems that the mounting location isn't so great. The single bolt mounting seems insufficient and the sheet metal is fairly weak in the location. It seems that it would fatigue and break from the weight and bouncing of the filter assembly over time. Of course I could be wrong about this. Just an observation and wondering what others may have experienced.

Buck1

Reaction score
I bought one. Had to mount in a different location due to where I am pulling fuel pressure reading from. I mounted on a bracket, but used the single point mount and it's mounted on engine, so should be worse case.

Will try to get a pic in the am.

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I bought one. Had to mount in a different location due to where I am pulling fuel pressure reading from. I mounted on a bracket, but used the single point mount and it's mounted on engine, so should be worse case.

Will try to get a pic in the am.

Thanks for the reply. Interested to see the pics.

fnlyfree

Reaction score
I didn't realize the 6.7 needed a coolant filter. Do they have issues with the coolant solidifying like the 6.0s did?

I haven't heard of any issues, but I am pretty new to the 6.7. I got the filter kit in a parts trade and figured it was cheap insurance.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
when i swapped my leaking stock rad for a mishimoto one i found "grit" in the buckets i was using to catch the coolant. not much at all but i bought a diesel site coolant filter. i mounted it under the pass side right behind the mud flap using a piece of flat stock steel

DSC_0105_zpse85a4a02.jpg

Latest posts

Members online