dipstick tube

rpm-inc

Reaction score
If anything, it would be the second bolt back. But mine has no tab. And neither does this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1996-F...ash=item2ca3827736:g:mvUAAOSwl9BWKT29&vxp=mtr

The passenger side exhaust manifold is the same as a superduty. Why are there different dipstick tubes? Mine just flops around and will probably pop out with some crankcase pressure.

Checked the oil today for the first time in two years.....haven't driven it in two years either. Anyways, that is when I noticed it.

rusty1161

Reaction score
This it what mine looks like.

Rusty

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 54

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks. Are those your pics or do you have a link? Those pics are small! It is very possible I misplaced that part, or it was missing off the truck when I got. If I can't get that part, any reason a SD tube won't work??

co04cobra

Reaction score
The obs trucks have a bracket that bolts to VC like in the pic, then a thin piece of metal with a tab that inserts in the bracket and goes over dipstick to hold it in place.

You could probably use a SD tube, but you would need the dipstick and tube because they are longer.

The pan nut is also clocked different on the OBS trucks too, but SD tube should be able to be tweaked enough to work.

Latest posts

Members online