disappointing dyno numbers.

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Did 552hp at 1087 ft lbs yesterday on the Jefferson state dyno, about 3 years prior I'd did 571 with stock transmission, same 310 tune file, an OEM turbos. I'm now running river city 59/75, with the same tune an a built trans. What are you guys seeing for rail pressure on the 310 tune? I could a sworn those few years back I was pushing 27k psi, an now my rails are dropping off to 22,600, truck has 90k miles tuned the whole time, Im thinking a weak pump is to blame for my numbers, thoughts? Anywhere else to look?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Your rail pressure at 22.6k is going to cost you 75-125hp with that setup from what I've seen.... Get a pump and you will be much happier with your numbers.

Rubenk

Reaction score
I've got a thread with similar results. New HPFP brought rail pressure up but power is about the same.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Even buying a new pump will only give you borrowed time. These pumps seems to lose rail pressure quickly on the highest tunes. Duals pumps and don't look back

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I just finished a build & got 620-650 on mild H&s files. I did a HPFP replacement & believe I'm running out of fuel & need a 2nd pump/lpfs due to adding nozzles quickly..

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Made some pulls on the hot damn 300, with that tune I was bouncing around between 23-25k of rail pressure under WOT. Any ideas what I should be maintaining with that tune?

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
Yeah mines getting real weak for sure. I haven't been able to get out of the 23k range under WOT. General consensus is dragon fire pumps are still garbage? I dont want dual fuelers but I want something that more capable then stock..

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I run h&s and my rail pressue is around 24k-24.5k i made 611whp on that same dyno.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
611 with a batmowheel? Man I wonder what's causing mine to put out such low #s. Just hard a pill swallow spending 4k on upgraded chargers an going back 20hp..

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
611 with a batmowheel? Man I wonder what's causing mine to put out such low #s. Just hard a pill swallow spending 4k on upgraded chargers an going back 20hp..

from the looks of the RP #'s you need a new HPFP and more fuel, you are not pushing the chargers hard enough from the looks of it.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I was driving my truck to work this morning on the fwy and i stabbed it. rail pressure jumped to 25.1k and held steady at 24.9-25k. Air dog is at 15psi and regulator on ede fuel block is set at 12psi. Running h&s 300 tune.

Last edited:

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score

Not trying to put salt in the wound, 611 was with batmo, airdog, 5" dp back, stock down pipe, airaid intake, egr deleet, no limit cold pipe/elbow and crappy intercooler boots. Since then i deleetd fuel bowl with ede block, 6.0 manifolds and rudys up pipes, no limit air intake, 4" down pipe and diesel site boots. Not sure what it makes now, just waiting for the dyno to come back to town haha

https://youtu.be/KJN13lUDKfo

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
My numbers were with the 59/75, built trans, airdog 150, full ******s, ic pipes, an a no limit fab intake, so real similar setup, I think I may have found my issue along with having a weak pump my engine is pretty weak to an is about ready to go out to lunch I think, eating lots of coolant, rising oil level an lots of sludge coming out my ccv vent. I'm not blowing my degas cap so I think its something other then head gaskets.

6.4f350

Reaction score
You have coolant getting into your oil somewhere..... I wouldn't drive the truck like that, your bearings are on very borrowed time.

Latest posts

Members online