Disc brake dana 80

Ncovey

Reaction score
Dodge Dana 80, 94-00 drums, late 00-02 discs. I cut the perches free from the axle, moved them in to match the Ford perch width set correct pinion angle, and welded them. I used the Dodge U bolts, and plates, to attach it to the Ford springs. Worked great. I used a drum brake since I already had it. Disc wouldn't be much harder, may need a proportioning valve. I used a combination of ford and Dodge parts to make the Ford e brake cable attach to the Dodge axle brake cables.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Were you able to use the factory speed sensor? Also what did you do for the pinion yolk?

Ncovey

Reaction score
Believe it or not, the Ford harness plugged right into the Dodge sensor. Speed reading Is even correct.

m j

Reaction score
for uses common spicer ujoints, the dana 80 will have an available yoke for any ujoint you want to run

Ncovey

Reaction score
I did my axle swap at the same time as my Cummins conversion, so I just used the Dodge drive shaft and made it fit. This also gave me the bigger u joints. You could get a conversion joint to mate the two together, but I am pretty sure that the pinion of the Dana 80 is longer, making it necessary to shorten your drive shaft. If you are going to this much trouble, I would have the drive shaft shop go ahead and put the larger yoke on it to use the larger series u joints.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Just trying to see which axle I want to go with. Done a lot of research on using the super duty sterling 10.5 and like that option just don't want to pay a machine shop to drill the hubs for tge correct bolt pattern. Seems like either way I'm spending a good chunk of money.

Ncovey

Reaction score
I would do the Dana 80 if it were me. I think it is a stronger axle, plus you get to keep your pattern. If I was going to do that much work with a Super Duty axle, swapping both ends might be a better option, unless you are against changing your wheels.

Latest posts

Members online