Ditch the 20s?

Jason

Reaction score
Keep the chrome, ditch the flares. Find some 20's YOU like, and be done. It's your truck, pick the wheels that you like, not what everyone else does. Bmf and fuel..everybody has those, do something different. There's really nothing wrong with the wheels you have..6 spokes?? Pretty dang simple wheel honestly.

Everybody says ditch the chrome...if you wanna look like a 17 year old kid with a "murdered out dodge", then go for it. Absolutely nothing wrong with chrome bumpers, wheels, etc. Chrome in moderation is much cooler than any other fad out there. No "flash" to the truck makes it look like a work truck.. A big ass single color blob with black wheels..whoop de ***in doo.

If there gonna give you new tires, go ahead and mount those, or put em in your garage and hold onto them until you find a wheel you like. I run 18's and love them..yes, a 20 is maybe "cooler"..(I have aftermarket 20's on my Denali, but it's an AWD suv), but for my 305's on my truck, an 18" wheel keeps the combo proportional, still have enough sidewall, it rides smooth enough, and doesn't look ghetto. If I ran a bigger tire, I'd have 20's for sure.

Your truck, your money, yours to be seen in, your choice.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
tell us how you really feel.. LOL no matter what anyone says it doesn't make him do anything. its all opinions and that's why he made this thread, to get them. everything looks good if it's done right and in moderation.

oh yea, go ahead and tell me my red and black truck, with no chrome-looks like a work truck. funny joke.

Jason

Reaction score
I'll tell you It's a played out look in a heartbeat. Same thing as these guys putting 13.50's and 14.50's in a 33 on their trucks. Remember when everybody made fun of the trucks with the tires that stuck out 6" past the body on each side, they had curb feelers and were Mexican mobiles. Same thing, only you're ghettoing up a super duty.

My point is..anytime there is a thread about wheels, it's full of guys jumping in to say get black fuels or bmf's....that has become the automatic response to that question. Look at Gare's truck for instance (no offense, and don't take it as me singling you out, just an example of a solid color truck that switched from chrome to black). I think it looked a ton better, it is a classy color he painted it, has a metallic flake in it, the chrome rims made the truck pop more...the Photoshop of the black wheel, looks good..BUT, knowing how good the chrome looked on it, seemed like a step back in appearance.

I'm sorry the PTM with black wheel drones won't understand this. I'd put my two-tone paint, chrome bumper and wheel truck up against any of these bland cookie cutters any day in a "class" judging.

chromehound

Reaction score
...no matter what anyone says it doesn't make him do anything. its all opinions and that's why he made this thread, to get them.

Have we met because that's the way I am and I did start the thread for ideas/opinions.

Ok got the new tires on. Same size and brand as what it came with when I got it - ProComp 37s. Still not really set on the rims but since my tire guys can only get the same basic styles in anything 18" or bigger and I can't afford to buy rims I'm just going to have to get used to them I guess-for now anyways. I only like black rims on certain trucks - black, dark grey, dark blue, some red, some white - so black's not gonna happen on this truck and the flares are staying due to the way the tires stick out and I'd rather screw them up vs the paint. As for the rest of the chrome really all there is is the steps and rear bumper but the bumper seems kinda "dulled down" and the strip along the bottom is the paint job. It makes a good contrast to the black critter killer so that stuff isin't changing.

Thanks for the opinions and ideas.

fatsix

Reaction score
At least paint the flares to match the truck. They stick out like a sore thumb. The step doesn't help either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.