DIY 58V FICM upgrade

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Over on tdg they went over and over and over the ficm mod. Pros cons and just about everything else. One person bought modded 58v and made their own and tested them as well as a few tuned ones. The discussion was great but it was like 20 pages last I looked.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Link lubbockguy? I got all day to read 20 pages while I'm at work.

bcpsd, Ill check that out tomorrow, thanks.

SIKFORD

Reaction score
Sikford couldnt get them either?

Sorry didnt get a pm and forgot to check back on here. wont happen again.
the IPB80N08S2L-07 i can get they stock.
the ipd70n10s3l-12 they dont stock. can only get in 1000 pcs lots. but there is a 26-40 week lead time to get.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'd have to find a lot of friends to get a 1000 pc order! JEEZ! I'm going to read through that 55 page thread at some point, but been SWAMPED this week at work. I still need to check Mouser, but just no time now.

Thanks guys!

bcpsd

Reaction score
I still need to check Mouser, but just no time now.

Thanks guys!

I posted the link. The link takes you directly to the part you asked about. All you have to do is click the link, takes maybe 2 seconds to load depending on your internet speed. Just saying:confused:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
They don't have QN10L12. I think he is still looking for this one.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I posted the link. The link takes you directly to the part you asked about. All you have to do is click the link, takes maybe 2 seconds to load depending on your internet speed. Just saying:confused:

HAHA, I never even clicked it, didn't realize it was a direct link! :morons:

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Here's the link to follow. Now if you're not comfortable working with small surface mount components and have a steady hand with a soldering iron, this is NOT for you. I would highly recommend you do this in a clean evironment, well lit, and with a microscope.

http://www.bscustoms.net/diesel/FICM.pdf

Thanks for the link. Definitely interested in this as I have a couple defective ficms on the shelf that I've examined a bit but wanted to wait to take the plunge into modding/repairing til I was better informed.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Definitely interested in this as I have a couple defective ficms on the shelf that I've examined a bit but wanted to wait to take the plunge into modding/repairing til I was better informed.

You can go ahead and just repair them now, it wont make a difference if you want to do the 58V mod later or not. I've repaired a few of them myself now.

sgt_guidry

Reaction score
Parts list

Could someone send me the parts list for the 58v upgrade? Email or pm are fine. My father is an electronic technician so it should be a breeze for him.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Found it in one of my old emails...

From DigiKey.com

The 4 fets for the power supply 568-6993-1-ND
The 4 fets for the main board IPD70N10S3L-12CT-ND
The 8 capacitors (4 of each) P11246-ND , P11276-ND

From mouser.com

The resistors marked DALE R0075 on the poower supply 66-ULRB1R0075FLFSLT
The tiny 0805 resistor that replaces the existing resistor near the capacitor where everybody solders a normal resistor: 754-RG2012P-1821-BT5

Those are all the parts needed for the 58v ficm. I had to order a resistor (dale r0075) because I lifted one. The 0805 resistors are not needed if you just want to use the piggyback resistor.

Latest posts

Members online