DIY gen 3. how hard?

TRUBBS

Reaction score
say i was able to get the pump and hpop cover, what else would be needed to build a GEN3 style hpop system? how would one do it? thanks.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The power steering pump is NOT the pump to use for the Gen3 setup. Your gonna need a Haldex 4f665 pump.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
ok thanks for the info. i was just kinda wondering as i dont actually have these parts but i know where i can get them for i think cheap. i dont even have a 7.3l anymore so i was jsut wondering if it would be worth getting and building for my buddies truck or keeping for a rainy day.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Suns PSD told me your gonna need some big sticks to take advantage of the oil. Small sticks and you can do more damage than good.

jwlandry

Reaction score
You can use the factory PS pump gear, it just takes a few minutes to modify. You do NOT have to buy the swamps gear.

Sorry for my wrong post then. I have always heard that the gear needed to come from swamps. I never knew anything about modifying the factory gear. Care to explain a little more?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You can machine the gear to fit the pump. More than likely to 3/4" from the 1/2"

Latest posts

Members online