DIY Injector mods

TyCorr

Reaction score
What part of a 6.0 injector can use any part of a pieso injector?

No, lol. Heui does the piezo part via solenoid. Piezo is a technology not an injector function specifically. As stated previously, its using electric current to distort small discs that provide a means to actuate.

Piezo technology is very common in microphonic equipment as well. Guitar pickups, microphones, etc. Any place a clean, fast actuating effect is desirable.

slc dzl

Reaction score
No, lol. Heui does the piezo part via solenoid. Piezo is a technology not an injector function specifically. As stated previously, its using electric current to distort small discs that provide a means to actuate.

Piezo technology is very common in microphonic equipment as well. Guitar pickups, microphones, etc. Any place a clean, fast actuating effect is desirable.

Thank you for the clarification.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't going to chime in, but I think it's time to... There is a decent amount of derail there and therefore I ask: Can a Moderator clean this thread up back to post #73 and include post #85? Possibly throw the derail it into a new thread "debate - which is better HEUI or Peizzo"

This has gotten so far off track. And personally I hate when it gets personal. WhiteZotti, for future reference just keep in mind there are existing topics for a reason and new ones can be easily created, also keep in mind that this is NOT a chat room. One post at a time as much as possible. Certain cases are understandable, my brain can never spit it out in one post, but I do the best I can.

Play nice kids, we're all in it for the same reason: the enjoyment of our trucks.

Im sorry for the many posts like a chat room. but obviously other people in this thread say i need lesons from a english teacher. So i thought it would be easier to underststand what im saying by breaking up the posts. Im here for the same reasons, to learn about my truck, and if i have probleme someone can help me. I am sorry for the de-railment about the piezo. I was just talking about the piezo, and someone had to start a discussion on the piezo. I wasnt tring to start this discussion until someone asked my opinion on them. Sorry about this topic. It is a good subject, but nothing to do with this thread.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
WHS ^^^^ The fact that you claim to have continous injector problems on the 6.0 speaks more to an incompetent mechanic. In this case YOU. in ovwr 225k I don't have stiction and neither do many othet owners. Injectors failed after YOU had them apart? YOU effed up. Replaced o rings on one side only? STUPID. Try not to blame the design for your stupidity, even if the design does have its weak spots.

How is it my fault for only replacing one side? They are brand new orings and should not have this failure. I replaced the whole one side when it was open. that should be good enough. My auto enginuity said just that one side failed, so i replaced those injectors. And i admitted i messed up when i put the nozzles on. But you have to admit there is no reason to fully take apart the spool valve assembly when replacing the nozzles. The elite instructions called for this. There is no reason for this ,and thats why all the rest of my 6 injectors worked fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.