DIY Spray in bedliner

genuineford

Reaction score
Did a DIY spray in bed liner today. I used the Al's liner and prepped it with the 4 inch cup wheel that Al's liner offers. I then taped everything off and put plastic drop cloths over it all. Took the access cover off of the tail gate and taped around all of that. The only thing I was disappointed about with the Al's liner was that it said a 1 gallon mix of it would cover a short box truck. I found this to be not true. I ended up using 2 whole gallons to get the whole short box done. I was going to take some pictures while I was doing but didn't end up having enough time to so all I have are final pictures.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Wow... That looks good.

How come you didn't do the bed rail caps? I personally hate those things.

I've never heard of Al's bedliner kit. You got a link?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
its all in the prep! Looks like you did a nice job, looks real even too.

Ronin

Reaction score
Pro-looking job, nicely done...

Not sure I possess the requisite talent to do likewise though!

genuineford

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the spraying didn't take very long it was getting the surface roughed up first and taping everything off that took the most time. It is pretty even except one spot that had a hole in it that I purposely sprayed heavy to try and cover it up.

Reaction score
what PSI did you run the gun at? Looks great

depending on how thick you do it 1 gal should be more than enough to do a short bed... i have done it in 1 gal. but 2 gal is always better since you can get it on there thicker...

-Raul

genuineford

Reaction score
what PSI did you run the gun at? Looks great

depending on how thick you do it 1 gal should be more than enough to do a short bed... i have done it in 1 gal. but 2 gal is always better since you can get it on there thicker...

-Raul

I had an extra spray gun valve with a gauge on it and I ran the pressure at 35 psi at the gun. That seemed to be where the bed liner seemed to spray decent. I do not know how you can only use one gallon but I have spots that could use more and it is not that thick. I am almost thinking about getting another gallon to put it on thicker in spots.

genuineford

Reaction score
Nice Work Steve! This is def. on my to-do list. Do you need a special gun to spray this liner?

There is a special gun that you need to spray it. It is basically a drywall gun that has different size nozzle in it. If you decided to use this option you can borrow my gun for putting it in or make a weekend out of it and come here.

Latest posts

Members online