does this look like a coolant leak?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
my coolant level has been low recently and am wondering where its going as its not leaking on the ground...yet. This hose is at the bottom of the radiator or intercooler (cant remember which). red stuff around where the end of the hose meets the nipple.

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 116

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
are these known to leak? damn...still doesnt help my coolant loss problem just creates another.

Boosted6.4

Reaction score
That is the trans cooler I believe. Mine leaked at that hose clamp too, i just took it off, re-clamped and topped of the trans for lost fluid.

webb06

Reaction score
I ended having to replace both of the lines coming off the trans cooler. Are the egr coolers still on your truck? Could have a ruptured cooler if so

sootie

Reaction score
i had to replace them twice on my 08 and they were leaking again when i sold it.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
egr's are still on the truck and from what the service reports say the egr valve has been replaced twice but never the coolers. if they are bad I am just going to get a tuner and fully delete the truck, no sense in paying that for repairs hen I am going to take them off down the road anyway. the coolant is lower again this morning and i have no idea where it is going, got an appt at the dealership tomorrow morning. hopefully things get figured out.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
welp found the coolant leak. coming from somewhere next to the egr. maybe a hose or something, not sure. hopefully head gaskets are okay

slow poke

Reaction score
I ended having to replace both of the lines coming off the trans cooler. Are the egr coolers still on your truck? Could have a ruptured cooler if so

I think my truck might need these replaced but I can't tell for sure. Would the cold weather cause this to happen and is it a big job and big money to have them replaced?

webb06

Reaction score
it might. the hose come as one assembly...they were less than $100. took me maybe 15 minutes. they do require a special disconnect tool underneath the truck though

slow poke

Reaction score
Fixed my leak also, trans cooler line where it attached to the cooler. Took it off, cleaned it and added another hose clamp along with the OEM clamp, all fixed. I got lucky.

Latest posts

Members online