Door lock issue but different.

chewy4x4

Reaction score
DOUBLE POST FOR EXPOSURE.

Ok I have a September 99 build EX. When I got it all 5 door locks didn't work so I did the Penney mod to all off them. Fixed. But then they all crapped out again all of them art the same time.<br />
<br />
That is my only electrical issue. Now I haven't pulled the doors apart and tested them again I figured I'd all belt I start chasing wires.<br />
<br />
When I got either the door lock buttons in the truck or the buttons on the key fob I can hear the relays behind the radio. I pulled those and the all looked fine inside and out. Fuses are fine.<br />
<br />
So now now I turn to y'all for suggestions and guidance. Thank you.<br />
<br />
Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk<br/>

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
Why not just start with one and see if that fixes one before changing them all in case its not the issue.

Next I would pull on door apart and recheck the work and make sure nothing changed or possible came apart. You can then test right at the lock motor for current when you depress the switch as that will eliminate any issues in the harness leaving motor or some thing in the assembly.

chewy4x4

Reaction score
Ok that's what I figured I would have to do. I was just trying to be lazy I was hoping there was a known possible source for all of the locks going at the same time.

TARM

Reaction score
Nope not unless its only from the drive side main console or its a fuse.

chewy4x4

Reaction score
Not the console. Everything else works and all of the fuses are good. I'll swap relays on Tuesday our Wednesday.

Latest posts

Members online