Door pin replacement

psdguy95

Reaction score
My passenger side door sags when you open it. The pins have decided to take a crap and i have no idea how to fix this. Where can i get parts and how do i fix this?

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
Any parts store should have the pins and bushings. I used an air chisel to take the head of the pins off then pounded the pin out. Do one at a time and either have a second person with you or a jackstand to hold the door up cause it will sag down.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
:whs: i got mine at advanced, it was like 8 bucks. i used a pair of bolt cutters and cut it in the middle then took a punch and knocked the two halves out. support the door with a jack and a 2nd person. put in the new bushings slide the door back in and tap the new pin in, its about an hour and a half. hope that helps!

Reaction score
Motormite HELP! section, Part Number 38410 "Door Hinge Pin and Bushing Kit" (you'll need two kits for one door when replacing both pins). Cheers!

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I've done the driver's door on my '97 twice using the 'HELP' brand (or whatever) and they are shot again.
Anybody know of a good quality kit for these?

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Jim, I don't think there really is a quality kit other than to buy new hinges from Ford if you could even get them. I have been thinking of getting some shouldered bearings like what are used with rc cars but heavier duty with the correct size internal opening and then drilling the door side out to fit them and use the pins from the help kits and see how that works. I think if done right you would never have to do them ever again.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I got all new pins for both of my doors about a year ago from napa. Totaly fixed my noise and sagging problem. Cheap too.

Tom S

Reaction score
I am a big believer in lubing these every other oil change or two with a drop of oil. My vehicles do not have issues with sagging doors.

Latest posts

Members online