door seal modification

Reaction score
Just thought I'd tell everyone my results from my door gasket modification. I got the idea of Facebook. There was people discussing how poor the gaskets seal. There was a video posted where someone put rubber hose inside the door gasket. So I went on eBay bought the hose and did this for myself. It made a noticeable difference. The cab seems a little quieter and you don't hear the wind or feel the wind like before. So I just thought I'd give everyone. A heads up if your disappointed with the door seals like I was.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
i did it myself the only thing i don't like is having to slam my door shut. thats going to take a beating on the door panel for sure

Yellow1000

Reaction score
In my case having an 09 now instead of a 14 like I had , new door gaskets aren't that expensive are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leland88

Reaction score
In my case having an 09 now instead of a 14 like I had , new door gaskets aren't that expensive are they?

It expands the seals to make them slightly larger to seal better. I did it to my truck when it was new and it just eliminated wind noise

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Makes sense. Just going to an older truck you sure can tell a difference in noise

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I've done this as well, biggest concern is teaching the women of the house that the Expedition and Mach 1 doors don't need to be slammed like they owe em money!! Lol

Keith

Jassman

Reaction score
i did it myself the only thing i don't like is having to slam my door shut. thats going to take a beating on the door panel for sure

I did this on my 11, 230k miles later not a problem and after about 3-4 months it ended up softens up and becoming easier to close. I notice a good difference on my 11, and will be doing this to my 15.

I got this off another site from Epic Cowlick...good guy that did that video and a few other helpful mods. http://www.leisurepro.com/p-aqu2012r/50-ft-roll-3-8-95-mm-surgical-tubing

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
it does produce results, but its amazing that a 4 year old truck needs these kinds of mods. Ford needs to be proud of their cost cutting efforts.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Just thought I'd tell everyone my results from my door gasket modification. I got the idea of Facebook. There was people discussing how poor the gaskets seal. There was a video posted where someone put rubber hose inside the door gasket. So I went on eBay bought the hose and did this for myself. It made a noticeable difference. The cab seems a little quieter and you don't hear the wind or feel the wind like before. So I just thought I'd give everyone. A heads up if your disappointed with the door seals like I was.

What size wall thickness did you use the 1/16?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
holy crap i need to do this bad. only thing i would have to worry about is the p.o.s sun roof sealing the wind out.

live life full throttle

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
This mod is as old at Super Duty's are but I guess it still works.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.