Door strikers = best $100 I've spent on this truck

ncollins64

Reaction score
If they are the same as f150s and have the rubber cushion let me know lol. I’ll buy more for my other trucks too. I just figured pmf had a special connection somewhere making these

Strokersace

Reaction score
If they are the same as f150s and have the rubber cushion let me know lol. I’ll buy more for my other trucks too. I just figured pmf had a special connection somewhere making these
PMF says on their website that it's an OEM ford part, so I assumed it was the F150 ones that have the rubber on them. Cheapest is Sunrise at $72 and change EACH. They used to be $25 each. CRAZY how much they've gone up.

Reaction score
Crazy how prices have gone up. These were $15 bucks a pop a few years ago. Wish I would've bought four instead of one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep. They are ridiculous now. I bought a set for my 12 and i think it was 50 bucks for the 4.. work trucks i iust loosened up the bolts and smacked them with a hammer to sink them in further and tightened the **** out of them..

Did the same on my 15 four years ago this week. Still tight as hell..

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just to confirm, the upgraded f150 door strikers that can be used for the superdutys are from the 09-14 150s. Part number 9L3Z-1522008-A. I have 4 coming, should get them installed tomorrow or Tuesday. Pmf and riffraff are trying to rape you at $100 apiece so just go through sunrise or your local ford dealer if you’re setup with them

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Just to confirm, the upgraded f150 door strikers that can be used for the superdutys are from the 09-14 150s. Part number 9L3Z-1522008-A. I have 4 coming, should get them installed tomorrow or Tuesday. Pmf and riffraff are trying to rape you at $100 apiece so just go through sunrise or your local ford dealer if you’re setup with them
How much did you get them for? I need some for my Excursion also.

Billy T.
[email protected]

03_PSD

Reaction score
Hate seeing they went up that much in price. I've had mine installed since 2017 and the drivers front door rubber bushing is about shot and will need to be replaced. Truck is daily driven also. I think I paid $100 for all four.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Dang the rubber is already gone since 2017? For this price it should last years
No doubt, so what is the real problem?

Body mounts? Weather stripping?

I have a rattle or squeak that these would fix but that is not a very long term solution.

03_PSD

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify, the rubber bushing is not gone, but it's loose. All the other doors the rubber is still tight. Door still shuts firm and solid with no rattles while driving at all. I attribute it to the fact that the door is used way more than the others. My truck is an 04, I'd still buy these over again.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I just got mine installed, dang what a difference. No more squeaks or loose rattling noises. I guess the rubber is like a bump stop and keeps the door firm vs metal on metal. My driver does get used 10x as much, but since it has 4 new ones now, I might just look around at a pick and pull and see if I can get some extras just to keep around for spares. These will be the next things that everyone hoards lol.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I wrapped my strikers with electrical tape. Not a single squeak or rattle on some of the most unforgiving bumpy roads in Oklahoma or the like. Not permanent but dang sure not $350 either!! Have been shockingly lease with the results after 1000 miles!

ncollins64

Reaction score
That’s def cheaper. I guess ill see how long these last, I’m still gonna grab some off parts trucks if I can find some. Heck a junk yard would probably give ‘em away lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wrapped my strikers with electrical tape. Not a single squeak or rattle on some of the most unforgiving bumpy roads in Oklahoma or the like. Not permanent but dang sure not $350 either!! Have been shockingly lease with the results after 1000 miles!
go to the bone yard and take the strikers out of a f150 of similar year..

Latest posts

Members online