Door wont unlock

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I pulled the batteries out of the truck because i am tearing the motor apart. I locked the doors last time i worked on it. Went to continue working on it today, and the ignition key wont unlock the door. Sort of confused here. Tried both sets if keys i have; no dice. I have the grill off, so if i can figure out how to pop the hood latch, i can still work on it, however i still need to get in the truck. Suggestions? Is there something i am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irontx

Reaction score
Do you have the key pad?!,! I've gotten in to mine by pulling it out and hangering the rod....

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Haha. Yea i do, but thats funny! I just grabbed the battery, and hooked it back up. I fenaggled the hood latch and got it open. I am not understanding why my key wont work though.

JMart

Reaction score
The white grease Ford crams in the locks can build up with dirt if you never use the key. Then when you put a key in some of the wafers stick. You can try some DW40 or spray some other lube in the keyhole and run your key in and out to sife if you can get it to loosen up. I used to spray an electrical contact cleaner in the lock to break up everything in there, but you need to make sure you spray a Teflon of similar type dry lube back in there afterwards to keep the brass wafers from corroding.

That's is you know the keys used to work.

I used to be a locksmith.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Ten four. Thanks. I will give it a shot when i get a chance. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.