downpipe

obs7.3

Reaction score
Or maybe your can just needs to be slid back a little toward the box. Mine never hit the firewall until lifted the cab and put her back down. Rubbed firewall. Loosened cab bolts and moved her back a little and no more hitting.

Hmmm. That's the first I've heard that. I'll give that a shot.. I know this is probably going to sound stupid but I don't have a lift to pick up some of the cab weight so is there another way to scoot the cab back?

3brorce

Reaction score
Not the preferred method but you could use two ratchet straps to ratchet it back. Find a good place to hook it under the cab and on axle. Do it that way I suppose. Want to make sure your gap between bed/cab is even and from side to side is even as well.

obs7.3

Reaction score
I may give that a try. I'll see i can dig up my heavy duty straps. Thanks for the input

speedkills502

Reaction score
If you loosen the cab bolts you can rack it side to side with your body weight at the cab corners. And if get under the truck you can move the cab back with a four foot pry bar off the frame to the body supports.

skobiak

Reaction score
I have about 1mm of clearance at the firewall. Cab has never been up tho. I had my buddy tighten the vband bolt while I pushed it away from the firewall also.

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
You could most likely still scoot your cab back a touch to gain a little more.

Reaction score
To clean this post up our 2 piece down pipe is the best fitting of any u will find on the market, and can get it coated or non coated, as well as waistgate flange prewelded in if u would like, uses stock ball and socket style at the bottom so any type of stock or aftermarket will bold up just as nice as factory

Kent94

Reaction score
To clean this post up our 2 piece down pipe is the best fitting of any u will find on the market, and can get it coated or non coated, as well as waistgate flange prewelded in if u would like, uses stock ball and socket style at the bottom so any type of stock or aftermarket will bold up just as nice as factory

Do you guys sell that dp seperatley or does it come with a full exhuast kit?

skobiak

Reaction score
Out for a spin tonight and you can definetly hear the turbo alot more, especially at low speed when just taking off. +1 for getting something that is proven to fit. I got my junk on a black friday sale a year and a half ago when options were limited. (I mean DONT buy Diamond Eye, just so I am clear)

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Anyone know how the flo pro down pipes fit? Looking at getting a full 5inch and comes with 4inch dp

Mine fit perfect, no issues. I did install it while the cab was up in the air though, made the whole install very quick and easy. I'm sure it would be more difficult with the cab on but Jason was changing my oil cooler and installing other things though so I took advantage of the opportunity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

obs7.3

Reaction score
Its not too bad with the cab on, just make sure you put the turbo piece up first, don't assemble the whole dp and try to wiggle it in. I had to take mine out and put it back in cuz I couldn't get the cab to move back far enough

Kent94

Reaction score
Got my flo pro 5inch turbo back today after installing I noticed the stock dpf will not bolt up to this down pipe. Doesn't have the flange.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen some flo pro kits like that. I always make sure that the downpipes in a kit have the flange

Stroked777

Reaction score
Got my flo pro 5inch turbo back today after installing I noticed the stock dpf will not bolt up to this down pipe. Doesn't have the flange.

If you wanna put the dpf back on with a aftermarket Dp you will need to get a reducer and just use band clamps, cut the flange off the dpf and hook it up that way

Latest posts

Members online