Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Waste of time... Paying to make a motor lope by fuggin something is pointless

Having a large cam and huge sticks that causes a lope is cool

Stainless

Reaction score
Waste of time... Paying to make a motor lope by fuggin something is pointless

X2. When I hear a street truck loping I know I can hand him his ass. You're not fooling anybody. Personally I like to be sneaky the other way... I have the cam and big sticks, and my truck doesn't lope.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I agree. When matt tuned my truck I wanted a stock idle in 5/6 tunes ;).

And from what I have seen every DP lope tune makes the truck cloud grey smoke and just makes it look like a piece of sh!t. Most people look in awe and think its broken

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya I forgot to add that as well. It does was the walls down, I can't remember the specifics it. But it has something to do with injecting the fuel on the exhaust stroke ??

ParkerFly

Reaction score

A cam and big sticks doesn't cause lope, tuning does. Even in big pulling/racing diesels that have "huge" cams in them they don't lope, but the idle may surge because of the pump.
DP Tuner can adjust your lope tune. Every truck is different and what lopes on one may not on another. Plus a lot of tuners are making lope tunes now that lope at idle, but as soon as you touch the throttle it goes away. So you could have a lope tune that changes to a hot tune as soon as you take off.

SeeYa

Reaction score
One of our customers asked for this tune years ago. I am not a fan of this tune, but some love it. Since its induction many other tuners have it now. So I guess its more popular then most would think. To each their own.

Diane

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Joe, is that tune actually causing the truck to change idle like that ! Sounds horrible, very odd to me it almost sounds like it "snaps" to a different tone.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
nah lope tune is neat ever heard a big block Lope? it sounds sick.

Ya we have. They idle like that because they have cam with extremely high lift/long duration, among other things.

Not because someone washes your cylinder walls down with raw fuel by phucking up your motor to make it idle like a turd !

The best part is when after meathead shows off his "lope" and you leave him standing still at a light.

Stainless

Reaction score
nah lope tune is neat ever heard a big block Lope? it sounds sick.

If a motor lopes because of how its built, cool. If not then you're phucking stupid. The funny part is most of those guys with "big block lope" could tune it out. I've seen plenty of big cam high compression motors that idle like a dream.

Latest posts

Members online