Dp-Tuner Problems

Reaction score
Has anybody had any problems with way to much fuel being added with the dp-tuner?? I just got stage twos and it blows a lot of black smoke and on cold starts it blows lots of white because of excess fuel!! Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Has anybody had any problems with way to much fuel being added with the dp-tuner?? I just got stage twos and it blows a lot of black smoke and on cold starts it blows lots of white because of excess fuel!! Thanks in advance!!

What tune are you getting all the "black smoke" in?

Does it do it in every setting?

Whose injectors are you running and mileage on them? Just because there is white smoke doesn't automatically mean it's the tuning. Have you looked over the glow plug system?

Reaction score
In all tunes I get black smoke. And all my glow plug system is good. I am running rosewood injectors and they were just put in last week brand new. And yes I had them reburn the chip for the injectors.

Tom S

Reaction score
The right place to direct the issue would be more with the injector builder and the tuner. I would be wondering if you had something mismatched if and only if the truck ran real good before and the injectors and tuning where the only changes.

Reaction score
Ya I am in the process of talking to my tuner but I thought that I could maybe get some insight from others.

Reaction score
I have stock turbo right now. I am upgrading it probably in like a month or so.

Reaction score
Well it should clean up better then it does. Have a buddy that has the same setup different tunes that clears up the smoke much better then mine does.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
IMHO... Get yourself a Hydra chip, from Gearhead, Total Diesel Performance, PowerHungry Performance, Powerstruck or any other vendor of your choice...

You should not have any smoke issues with a set of 160's and your mods...

FORD7.3

Reaction score
STG 2s and stock turbo would be my guess as to why it wont clean up.

Reaction score
Yes I just bought a hydra with gearhead tunes and they are on there way here now. And I haven't yet but I figured that because it doesn't get very hot then I don't have boost leaks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.