DPC 2012

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
I have it on my phone, but can't upload it w/o Wi-Fi because it's 1 min. +. I'll try to get it tomorrow. There was plenty of tire howling though.
Sweet , that's good to know. All of this great news today just made my day :evil .

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
This is great. I am thrilled to see Erik and Rudy make such a strong showing. I think it's funny that Dimitri wants the competition to be tailored to the trucks he builds instead o building a truck tailored to the competition. The ford guys aren't crying because the GMs have it easier on the dyno.

OBS F350

Reaction score
The fords definitely killed it today. I heard fancy pants complaining to someone that the trailer obstacle is a waste of time and is embarrassing with all the work they put into he truck they have to do that.

I will give it up to the guy with the 78 fummins. I talked to him and he seems to be having so much fun even with his not 1st place results. He said he was thrilled he made it and made tons of passes cause he was having so much fun.

That just makes my day to hear that, of course the number 1 goal is to win the thing, but I can only imagine how much fun that guy is having being around all them crazy trucks and getting to run side by side with his... Even though he really had about an ice cubes chance in hell, that guy is definitely winning regardless!

Erik and Rudy you guys are doing work! Make that sled your bitch tomorrow! I'll be watching closely for updates at work tomorrow. :ford:

dstryr

Reaction score
I forsee the value of my 6.4 sky rocketing after the publication of this magazine...LOL. Going to have to cite this **** in the new craigslist ads...

Wayne

Reaction score
Jeremy's truck could've done reasonably well, but he's a HORRIBLE driver with a trailer. It was comical to watch him back up. He had over a full minute on the next closest competitor. Just goes to show an event like this requires a balance of skill, durability, and truck capability. He's still obviously got enough advantage in other areas to outweigh his lack of trailering ability as he's apparently tied for 2nd.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys. The last few days have really been a mind blowing experience. Puting the numbers down in the dyno and 1/4 mile that I didn't think was possible in my truck. With out Wayne finishing my truck the night before and Mike H with his advice and wg tuning and Dustins help today all this would never have happened. So far I own a record mph in the trailer race and the time I posted in the obstacle course was fastest ever too.
Aaron and I definitively shook chit up today, and tomorrow we are set up and ready for 6.4's to take home two of the top spots. It is going to be an epic showdown and I can't wait.
Ford is coming so get the *** out of the way!!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys. The last few days have really been a mind blowing experience. Puting the numbers down in the dyno and 1/4 mile that I didn't think was possible in my truck. With out Wayne finishing my truck the night before and Mike H with his advice and wg tuning and Dustins help today all this would never have happened. So far I own a record mph in the trailer race and the time I posted in the obstacle course was fastest ever too.
Aaron and I definitively shook chit up today, and tomorrow we are set up and ready for 6.4's to take home two of the top spots. It is going to be an epic showdown and I can't wait.

:eek:wned::ford:

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
YEEAAAAA BUDDDDYYYY :ford:

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
This is Jason Sands, with Diesel Power Mag...

Thanks for all the interest guys, team Ford is great this year. It's awesome to start out a 3 day event and have a truck that most people dismissed as "Some California show truck" right up front. A lot of competitors and crewmen were waiting for Erik's truck to break, but it never did, and now people are worried! Rudy is doing great also, too bad he went kaboom on the dyno, but hey, that's racin'. Erik was on a whole other level on the trailer tow, he made it look completely easy, and no one else was even close.

The Dodge and Dmax guys aren't done yet though, seeing that huge murdered out dually run 127mph in the quarter spraying it at the 1/8th mile was crazy, and the Fleece crew changed turbos AND transmissions between two different events today just to stay in.

The sled pull tomorrow will decide it, there's still about 5 trucks that are in the running for the overall title.

Jason

Thanks for the update Jason!

And now Erik. :rockon: You guys can definitely do this, BRING 'ER HOME!!!

Im almost shaking im so excited haha. I check between every period in school hoping for an update. LETS GO!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
What kinda exerience does our ford crowd have with a sled?

Just throwing it out there, but without any hangin weight, I wouldn't try cranking that hitch up to 26" on Rudy's truck. Hitch height don't do you a bit of good if you can't keep the front end steady on the ground.

Probably nothin the teams there don't know... Just sayin...

I can't go over 22" on my stock height truck, with no ballast.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Im pretty sure both have hung a few sleds out back. Theres plenty of people with great advice out there as well.

This is awesome. Hope both of you come in the top 2. Its lookin good with these next 2 events. Great job guys

davey99ps

Reaction score
I hope both do good, but getting in front of Chase isn't going to be easy an there's a few others that are gonna put up a fight. Hopefully the weight of the super duty helps Eric an Arron.

Latest posts

Members online