dpf delete????

strokr06

Reaction score
Ok im sure this has been beaten to death, but im struggling. Should I go ahead and do this or not?
Its not gonna get any cheaper I've already had an edge ctson the truck so warranty is already messed up. Is there any reason not to do the delete? Im not looking for big HP gains, mpg gain would be nice, but regens are driving me crazy, they seem to happen everytime im exiting the highway home. I would love to have my exhaust note back, but worry that deleting &tuning w\H&S xrt will harm other parts of the truck. Any advice welcomed :ford:

Duckdawg

Reaction score
Maybe, but I have big tires and a heavy foot so I didn't notice a big gain, it stayed right around 18mpg

dseitler

Reaction score
2013 has 24000 miles was deleted @ 10000 miles. I have a 60 gal tank in bed and a 50 Gal Titan underneath replacing the stock tank. Never had one problem with any part of the truck. The biggest savings is the fuel. I go along way between fill ups so my average is always around 1000 miles. Pre-delete always ended up at 14.3. After delete 16.9. That's a huge savings after time. That's a savings of 200 gal over 10000 miles. I combine city, highway and towing my bass boat weekly. The truck is rock solid. I put 580 horsepower to the ground on my 2010 6.4 and all of the powertrain held up for 251k. This 2013 is twice the truck.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
If your warranty is no good anymore then this should be an easy decision. Delete that bad boy. I just deleted mine at 6400 miles and couldn't be happier.

strokr06

Reaction score
Well its decided im pulling the trigger sometime this week when funds get in. What about doing a full egr delete?
Should I do a full 4"or5" exhaust or just replace the dpf and cat pipes? Is there any benefit to the full exhaust?
Im so ready to be able to hear my truck again:thumbsup:

dseitler

Reaction score
Simple - Down pipe back, block off plates only leave the EGR cooler on. Tuner with custom tune, H&S Tube upgrade. Takes about 4 hours then have fun. Remove the EGR next year when you go dual fuel pumps. Because it's never enough!

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Make sure to unplug the egr valve or you'll have issues when returning to stock. I'm currently waiting on an EGR valve so I can resolve my issues hopefully. Don't rely on the tuning to shut off the valve. There are 2 places to unplug according to H&S. I ran my truck deleted without blockoff plates for about 1k miles before I added block off plates to monitor EGTs and upon returning to DPF on for emissions, I've got a little work to do. The truck is a whole other animal without all the emissions stuff choking it down!!

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Well its decided im pulling the trigger sometime this week when funds get in. What about doing a full egr delete?
Should I do a full 4"or5" exhaust or just replace the dpf and cat pipes? Is there any benefit to the full exhaust?

Personally I'd go with Steve's EGR delete kit from Absolute Performance.
As far as the exhaust goes, if you like the factory tips then I say just replace the pipes. I went with the 5'' Pro Flo turbo back and I love it.

RedRice589

Reaction score

Whichever size you prefer.ci went 5" it was 20 bucks difference.....

truckmaniac

Reaction score
Ok im sure this has been beaten to death, but im struggling. Should I go ahead and do this or not?
Its not gonna get any cheaper I've already had an edge ctson the truck so warranty is already messed up. Is there any reason not to do the delete? Im not looking for big HP gains, mpg gain would be nice, but regens are driving me crazy, they seem to happen everytime im exiting the highway home. I would love to have my exhaust note back, but worry that deleting &tuning w\H&S xrt will harm other parts of the truck. Any advice welcomed :ford:

The primary reason I deleted my 2013 was to get better fuel mileage. I do a lot of City driving, running from jobsite to jobsite and my truck was constantly regenerating or trying to complete a regeneration.

Pre-delete mileage was 10.5 to 11.0. Post-delete mileage is a consistent 13.9 to 14.0 (hand calculated) under the exact same City driving scenario. I'm running a Mini-Maxx and get the best fuel economy on the "stock" or "performance" settings. For some reason, the "street" setting only gets 12.3 mpg, in City driving.

When you stop the regenerations, you reduce the risk of diesel fuel contaminating your oil, which will help your PowerStroke live a longer, healthier life.

You won't have to buy DEF any more, which along with the increase in fuel economy, saves you $$$$$$ !

I used the H&S EGR block-off plates. Dealers are becoming leery of trading for trucks that aren't EPA compliant, in fact it's Illegal for them to do so. When I get ready to trade-in my truck, I'll be able to put the EGR pipe and DPF back on in about 1 1/2 hours. I can't imagine doing a full EGR delete (4 to 6 hours), then trying to reinstall it when it comes trade-time.

65racing

Reaction score
My 2013 gets about 14-15 on average since I deleted it. The best has been about 18mpg. THe truck runs a lot better but I think my 2012 ran better.

Latest posts

Members online