DPF Reinstall issues

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Gotta put my DPF back in for a trip to the dealer. Got 4 injectors coming up bad. Need Mr. FoMoCo to cover the bill.

I have the truck all swapped but cannot find the nipple that goes on the DPF and has the rubber hose connected to it.

What does this little sensor do and can I limp the truck 5 miles to the dealership without it installed on my DPF??

Thanks guys!

JDub

Reaction score
That is the pressure sensor, it'll throw a code and limp without it. That sensor is expensive to get from Ford if it needs replaced.

Reaction score
This is true! Very spendy lil unit.
Also found out if your not careful that plastic nipple connected to the actual sensor will break with ease.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I have the sensor.. I just don't have the threaded nipple that goes in the actual DPF.. If someone knows the size and pitch i'm sure me and the fastenal store can make something

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
It is a pretty pricey lil "fitting" from the dealer, but cheaper than 4 injectors, that's for sure......may just want to spring for it

max2006

Reaction score
Gotta put my DPF back in for a trip to the dealer. Got 4 injectors coming up bad. Need Mr. FoMoCo to cover the bill.

I have the truck all swapped but cannot find the nipple that goes on the DPF and has the rubber hose connected to it.

What does this little sensor do and can I limp the truck 5 miles to the dealership without it installed on my DPF??

The nipple you are talking about feeds the pressure sensor. It's about $90 bucks from ford. It is special material to handle the 1200-1300 temp from regen.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Got it fixed. 4 injectors under warranty. Used an air line fitting. Worked well enough. Now I gotta pull it all off. Fml!!

Latest posts

Members online