Drag race next weekend...got some questions??

bdm1981

Reaction score
I've drag race before years ago in a big cubic inch nitrous car years ago. Wanted to take my truck to a local track for their diesel drags weekend. Just curious what gear and rpms you guys launch at? Do I use manual mode or leave it in auto as far as the trans goes?? I'm new to this as far as racing a diesel truck so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Codydiesel

Reaction score
With 3.31s I usually say launch in first gear I had the best of luck with mine in first not second gear launchs. Leave it in auto, manual shift isn't fast enought and usually causes slower times. Launch at 2000-2100 Rpms between 11-15 lbs of boost depending on track and tires you have. Also disengage advance trac (hold tc button down for 5 seconds), some people unplug there driver side wheel speed sensor but I never had a need to do that. Put it in 4 hi and have fun. Do not engage your e locker it will defuel your truck within the 60'.

bdm1981

Reaction score
With 3.31s I usually say launch in first gear I had the best of luck with mine in first not second gear launchs. Leave it in auto, manual shift isn't fast enought and usually causes slower times. Launch at 2000-2100 Rpms between 11-15 lbs of boost depending on track and tires you have. Also disengage advance trac (hold tc button down for 5 seconds), some people unplug there driver side wheel speed sensor but I never had a need to do that. Put it in 4 hi and have fun. Do not engage your e locker it will defuel your truck within the 60'.
Thanks bud. I was curious what gear to launch in with having 3.31 gears. I don't have track bars on it so I'm sure I'll have a fun time trying to getting it to hook. Appreciate the input. I'll post track times next weekend with the results.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I ran 50 in mine , for stocks I had the best luck at 40psi after that they felt like mush. I would try getting traction bars they change how your truck drives and shifts for the better.

bdm1981

Reaction score
I would if I could but can't afford them just yet. Jared and Mike have already gotten on to me for not having them already...lol.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Call me Ben I'll wak you thru exactly what you need to do.

Latest posts

Members online