Drag racing DD

riemer

Reaction score
I have a 10 6.4 CCSB deleted and running Xtreme street. This weekend I plan to drag race it and have 2 questions.
1. Anyone know how the xstreet compares to xrace is the 1/4 mile?
2. If I put the xrace tune when i get to the track will it be ok or should i drive to the track with the race file on it, so the trans has time to relearn? Track is about 260 miles away.

I have drag raced mustangs in the past so I'm familiar with racing, but ever dragged a diesel. Plan is to build 5-10psi boost and launch in 4x4 the about at 60' turn it back to2wd. Thoughts?

pog

Reaction score
it wont actually go into 2wd until you let off the throttle. just keep it in 4hi until you get to the end of the track

MINK

Reaction score
Run Xrace on your way to the track. Leave around 17-1800 rpm..xrace should be acouple tenths faster. Dont waist your time switching to 2x4 as mentioned

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
260 miles to the nearest track?! Holy crap where do you live. Yeah only way it will work and go into 2wd is if you have a stick on the floor. My buddy does this in his 6.0 and works great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

riemer

Reaction score
I have a track closer to home but we are headed to Milan MI for the NMRA races and figured I'd give it a shot.
What trans setting would be best? I currently run firm with delayed locked.

Thanks for the help guys!

jdgleason

Reaction score
A wise man once told me that one of the best ways to do a trans relearn is at the track. It'll hang a shift or two, but then it's game on. Load X race when you get to the track and don't look back. I would leave closer to 15 psi. If it hops, back it off. If it doesn't, keep going.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
A wise man once told me that one of the best ways to do a trans relearn is at the track. It'll hang a shift or two, but then it's game on. Load X race when you get to the track and don't look back. I would leave closer to 15 psi. If it hops, back it off. If it doesn't, keep going.

1700 Rpms and everything JD just said.

riemer

Reaction score
Any ideas of times I can expect? I was thinking 14s? Just crave and deleted. Truck weight 8000 lbs With 3/4 tank of fuel. I will hope to have less than 1/4 tank

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any ideas of times I can expect? I was thinking 14s? Just crave and deleted. Truck weight 8000 lbs With 3/4 tank of fuel. I will hope to have less than 1/4 tank

run a lil more than a 1/4 tank.

riemer

Reaction score
Really that fast? On a stock truck with just delete and tune?
A side note when I have done a couple street passes and seen EGTs upto 1650. Is that a problem in couple quick short runs

Snake

Reaction score
Really that fast? On a stock truck with just delete and tune?
A side note when I have done a couple street passes and seen EGTs upto 1650. Is that a problem in couple quick short runs

Not a problem.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I drove from MA-NC loaded the Spartan 310 at the track, turned the corner and went. Second run was the fastest of the day. Don't take it out of 4 wheel till you let off at the of the track. But make sure you take it out before you make the turn at the end. And most important. Don't forget to put it back into 4 wheel for your next run...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Let your tires down to around 25-30lbs in the back when you get there and fronts around 35lbs. Id like to see times from both tunes. Leave at 1700-1800 like stated which will probably be 15-18lbs on the boostometer

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Let your tires down to around 25-30lbs in the back when you get there and fronts around 35lbs. Id like to see times from both tunes. Leave at 1700-1800 like stated which will probably be 15-18lbs on the boostometer

out of curiosity, what has your truck run?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I ran one time and got squirly at a track when i first got the truck and ran a 9 flat 1/8th ,stock intake, dpf/cat delete (2.5 version? ex street) to keep it out of the wall, other than that mine has been two lane backroads as I dont have a local track unfortunately and that one was local and filed bankruptcy

Latest posts

Members online