Driveline Shield and Sled Hitches

PDP

Reaction score
I am looking for Driveline Shields and a Sled Hitch, any recommendations?

PDP

Reaction score
Any idea on the Drive Shaft Loops? I am hearing I may have to make those?

jcain

Reaction score
Most require it. Regardless, why wouldn't you want a simple 1/4"+ safety loop on the drive shaft? You won't like what happens when a shaft breaks.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Most require it. Regardless, why wouldn't you want a simple 1/4"+ safety loop on the drive shaft? You won't like what happens when a shaft breaks.

I don't think he is questioning if he should get one. I believe he was inquiring whether or not someone makes one specifically for his truck or will he just have to make one instead! I agree 100% with you tho. I see it countless times with people running without one. I guess they haven't seen what happens when one comes apart. Just this past week I watched a big mud truck trying to pull a sled and the rear driveshaft yoke broke. Of course he didn't have a drive shaft loop, And lucky for him and the workers near him that he was tall enough that the broken shaft never made contact with anything.

Charles

50_shooter

Reaction score
I just had our local machine shop throw one together. they took a 8" pipe and split it, welded long angle iron on one half to clamp to the flat piece on the right side of differential, and welded short angles on the other half. drilled 4 holes through angle iron and bolt together. Can put it on in 2 minutes.

gman1

Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't many sled pulling parts out there for the Fords. Your gonna have to buy some and adjust them to fit your truck. I got mine from lazer smith. A little pricey but nice.

PDP

Reaction score
Thanks all, yeah I think I will be making the Drive Shaft Loops. Doesn't seem too bad to do.

Latest posts

Members online