Drop in batmowheels for stock 6.4 turbos

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Pius has been modifying stock 2003-2007 Cummins turbos for us for quite a few years. We use the stock 04.5-07 compressor wheel and actually change the turbine wheel. Been able to drop the drive pressure big time and they still spool like stock. Bone stock truck with no tuner gained almost 20hp on the dyno. Truck running a Smarty on Level 5 and 4" exhaust gained almost 40hp and dropped EGT's 200-degrees while towing. That's with no increase in airflow through the compressor, just eliminating drive pressure.

well lets get some dyno numbers on these things for our trucks and see how they perform.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I am very interested in this. When I do my fuel line clamps and Air Dog upgrade, I may do these wheels as well. If it helps with spool-up and reduces EGT's, along with dropping drive pressure, I am all in. The power increase would just be a bonus. This could definitely be a good option for guys sled pulling with stock turbo's in stock classes as well.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would be surprised if these did improve spool up over the stock configuration. They already a quick spooling. From their design I am thinking they would be the same spooling or a tad slower. But since it is just the big turbo, probably not noticeable.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would be surprised if these did improve spool up over the stock configuration. They already a quick spooling. From their design I am thinking they would be the same spooling or a tad slower. But since it is just the big turbo, probably not noticeable.

Why do you think a more efficient wheel will cause slower spool-up? It has been proven numerous times in other applications that the batmowheel improves spool-up. I am not saying you are wrong, just curious why you think the design will cause slower spool-up?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i think spoolup wont be afected, the vgt isnt changing, but based on my limited knowledge, even if the efficiency is improved, there will be a bp increase. that means its moving more air, therefore the stock exhaust housings will not be able to handle it. hell the bp on the tow powers is really high. like i said my limited knowledge..i may be way off base. its really awesome there are becoming so many options!

JDub

Reaction score
i think spoolup wont be afected, the vgt isnt changing, but based on my limited knowledge, even if the efficiency is improved, there will be a bp increase. that means its moving more air, therefore the stock exhaust housings will not be able to handle it. hell the bp on the tow powers is really high. like i said my limited knowledge..i may be way off base. its really awesome there are becoming so many options!

I would agree with this, improving compressor flow is great, but if you aren't improving turbine flow, back pressure is just going to get higher.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Why do you think a more efficient wheel will cause slower spool-up? It has been proven numerous times in other applications that the batmowheel improves spool-up. I am not saying you are wrong, just curious why you think the design will cause slower spool-up?

I forgot about the vgt aspect of it. It is just my way of thinking. It could be more efficient and flow more air, but if it flows more air and everything else stays the same how could it spool faster? From its design it looks like it will flow more, but to do that it may suffer spool up. Since only the wheel is changing and the shape of the viens are different, to me it just looks like it would have to work harder to spool up since the design pulls more air and everything else being the same. BP could also be an issue too.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The batmowheel for the 6.4 will be a few weeks the 6.0 wheel just came out and we are testing that tmw
we sent them the low and high pressure 6.4 turbos to make the wheels and we will be testing them in the next few weeks
from what they done on the hx40 and the 6.7vgt wheel i think the 6.4 should gain some decent hp

MINK

Reaction score
Just when I was set on going with a single this turns up. I'm hopefull for good results

motoxracer42

Reaction score
does the computer look for bp? can you base the tuning for the vgt off of bp to keep it in check, or just boost?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The computer watches back pressure but even on sstock turbos the back pressure will go past what the turbine housing's will flow and back pressure will get pretty high. I think a big turbine on the low pressure would sure help

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Could mods be done to the stock housings to decrease back pressure and still remain relatively cheap to do?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Wanting to learn, what is the difference between a batmowheel and a regular turbine wheel?

its a billet piece IIRC and the veins of the turbine have a really radical design that they cant make any other way...it spools faster, and can lower bp and by doing that makes your engine more efficient.

Batmowheel on the left...Regular wheel on the right

seepicture.asp

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.