DTA360 Re-Power

turbonitrous

Reaction score
Yeah but the amazing thing is they start in cold temps… mine starts better than my 7.3 powerstroke, to be fair I need to do glow plugs but for an engine with no heaters they fire up in the cold

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
My 7.3 has no problems staring when it's 0 degrees with 5w40 oil. I have started it as low as -18f. Obviously this is with everything working properly.

turbonitrous

Reaction score
Yeah I gotta get on that… I have glow plugs, wire harness for valve covers etc all sitting in the garage…I should get those installed eh?

a_moore

Reaction score
Ether makes it start right up with no issues. I am gonna put an ether injector on so i just push a button. Dont want to open hood in cold and snow.

Maybe when i get the compounds done i can have access through grill to intake. The injector would be better long term.

a_moore

Reaction score
175°f is all the hotter it gets. What have others done for cooling? I had planned to add electric fans but i do not find a kit for the 6.4. Might have to buy a 6.0 kit and make it fit.

I can only assume getting stuck in traffic towing on 100° day may be an issue. As it keeps warming up, im having no problems yet. Rather be ahead of the game than waiting on fans.

a_moore

Reaction score
It's been hot and I still don't break 180f. 174 is about average. Rev it up half way all the time sitting to use compressor. My 1hp snap-on grinders are nice, but they use air like crazy. It keeps up pretty good at 1800rpm or so.

Hauled big loads of cattle and hay in the heat. Don't think I'm going to mess with any fans. There is absolutely nothing now and see no need.

a_moore

Reaction score
Man what an awesome build. Pump freed up good now?
If you gently floor it 15psi no smoke. If you mat it 35psi and lots of power. I kind of like it as is. Not freed up all the way. I'm not convinced my pedal and spring are correct. I used too strong of a return to idle spring on side of pump. Pedal is stiff.

I'm pulling that junk ass slick Jegs pedal and putting one in out of junk v-10 we have on farm. Sucks bad to get to, will pull intake this time. I did not last time and it was horrible to access hooking up the cable.

I'm going to swap injectors to a 466 high torque and see what that does.

Still not motivated enough to install the S471 on top.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
I still would love to do an OBS DT360 Hauler one day. or even a Med Duty crew cab truck with one as well would be nice

Latest posts

Members online