dual fueler and supply

duddy

Reaction score
I have come to the point of joining the upper level of hp with the 6.4s. I want to play with the local 2.6 diesel pulling group, the guys are running between 800 and 1100 horse.

I have decided on running dual fuelers, not sure on supply system yet tho. I am curious as to what kind of fuel supply is needed to support dual pumps and 60% or 100% injectors. I already have 30% injectors and can only hold rail to 2.1 pw on the canned H&S tunes. I will be more than likely going with gearhead tunning.

I have a local guy that will be taking care of my turbo and injectors. What I am looking for is info on the second HPFP, I have a pump that I bought of a local junk yard, that has 120k miles on it. I am assuming this will just be a core to get a new pump with.

I am looking for serious input as this will be happening by spring. Hoping for the end of march as of right now. If anyone has a setup that is being removed from there truck I may be interested.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I will say Elite stage 2 fuel system or a Fuelab Velocity. I had the Airdog 165 and FASS and didn't care for them much. I have the Fuelab velocity 200gph and love it. Set the pressure down to 12psi. Soooo quiet. And yes use that pump as a core. Get a new reman and you just need to reverse it. Put that out front. Cross your fingers hope it don't leak lol.

Reaction score
If you want to make that kind of power and turn rpms you will need more than what a smaller system can move. The dual pumps internal charge pumps move a lot of fuel at 5000 rpm. At minimum an a1000 or better yet a Fuelab prodigy pump.

Minimum 100% nozzles.

Your going to spend a lot of time tuning to get it to where it runs good at that level.

I can probably help you when you get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh-ate6.4PSD

Reaction score
I will say Elite stage 2 fuel system or a Fuelab Velocity. I had the Airdog 165 and FASS and didn't care for them much. I have the Fuelab velocity 200gph and love it. Set the pressure down to 12psi. Soooo quiet. And yes use that pump as a core. Get a new reman and you just need to reverse it. Put that out front. Cross your fingers hope it don't leak lol.

What did you not like about the ad165? Will it not supply the necessary fuel for dual fuelers with ede upgrade?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
What did you not like about the ad165? Will it not supply the necessary fuel for dual fuelers with ede upgrade?

It chit out on me. Didn't want that under my truck again. It will supply dual fuelers. It supplied mind for a couple months.

duddy

Reaction score
Right now the engine is built to turn 5000. I am just starting to look into the dual k16 and am trying to understand how the system works. I have spent some time on your website looking at the kits. Just have not pulled the trigger due to lack of knowledge. I like to understand the parts before I buy or build. I will be doing injectors,turbo, and building my pissed off transmission and probably your single conversion kit. Hopefully I can get some time to call you here shortly.

duddy

Reaction score
that may be true, but I posted a question and Morgan responded. If elite or mpd chime in great, I like options.

Reaction score
Well the fact that Morgan actually has a great pulling 6.4 , I would be in contact with him. None the less, froget air dog or fass, you're gonna need some fuel moving, what Rpms do you plan turning?

duddy

Reaction score
Whatever it takes for rpms. I am not a second place kind of guy. When I blew a piston this summer, I went flycut and delipped pistons, billet rods, stage 2 colt cam, push tubes, lifters, valve springs. Did some intake manifold work, I have a local guy that is very good with injectors and has a flow machine to be able to balance them. Would be cool to say that all the work on the truck came from localish shops. And yes morgans pulling truck is sick.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Find some time to call Morgan. I'm running his dual pump kit and the elite stage 2 lpfs and everything works perfect. The elite lpfs is well thought out and built and so is the fuel lab pump from Morgan and his filter delete and regulator on top. I like morgans dual pump kit for simplicity. It's easy to get to and work on and runs off the main belt. And Morgan has had some of the top ford pulling trucks around gas and diesel so he can help you with that as well.

Latest posts

Members online