Dual Fuelers return line

Deputydog

Reaction score
I have a 2015 6.7 with H&S Dual Fuelers. A week or so ago, I was traveling away from home and the quick connect fitting on the return line somehow developed a hole and was of course blowing fuel everywhere.

I was unable to find a replacement fitting but jerry rigged it so I could continue on my way.

H&S was great and sent me another fitting.. They also told me to try to avoid going below a 1/4 tank of fuel due to overheating of the fuel. Anyone experience this? Anyway to get the fuel cooled off a bit?

Elbow.jpg

NathannialD

Reaction score
Wouldn't be very difficult to add a fuel cooler inline on the return to the tank.

The right thing would be to build these kits properly so the cp3 doesn't return so much fuel...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
And such a kit does exist? :p

No, its hard for it to not return as much fuel if the injectors are not calling for it.

Six Sloww installed fuel coolers on his truck with dual fuelers. Any fuel temp over 135*F is overheated.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I was having issues with really hot fuel, it was hot enough to melt fittings so I installed a derale cooler and it was only able to cut temps about 30 degrees.

The most common reason for extremely hot fuel is the fuel pressure regulator on the back of the driver side fuel rail getting plugged up and returning too much fuel back to the tank.
35565eda52558494f0b24f6179ee157e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Now that I have a healthy fuel system with a 200gph pump, the stock lift pump, and dual fuelers fuel temps stay between 100-120

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.