dual tank to single tank question

ryanss22

Reaction score
i bought my sump off ebay. basically its an angled pan with fittings welded into it. you lay it out on the bottom of the fuel tank, mark it out, cut some baffle holes and weld it in place...

this is the kit i bought=http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cee-4040?seid=google&gclid=CKyC4PTE7rUCFckx4AodhCIAVw

I used the stock fuel staps and cut out the skid plate to fit around my sump and used threaded rod, then used the bronco top straps and tighted it right down. it seems solid.

where are you guys running your fuel line? can you go straight up then along the frame rails to my dual SD pumps?

ryanss22

Reaction score
well the link dosent seem to be working so heres a pic. it has 1/2 npt female fittings

fuel sump.jpg

old man dave

Reaction score
Run the hoses as level as possible to allow the system to self prime on initial startup. I found that the electric pumps prime better off of the rear tank than the side tank initially since its higher up and gravity flows towards the pumps. The side tank doesn't do this. But after the initial startup, it doesn't make a difference.

Clipper

Reaction score
The f26e? Tanks have a small depression in them right in the center of the tank. If u weld a 90* fitting in that depression it should act as a sump. Maybe not as efficient as a true sump but it should work just fine.

yeah that's what I'm converting to, just that single big rear tank. and that's what I was thinking with the depression in the bottom it would be basically the same minus the $120 part. thanks

old man dave

Reaction score
The sump is there to keep the fue pickup submerged in fuel. Under acceleration, fuel will slosh to the rear of the fuel tank and uncover the fuel pickup unless there is a sump to capture fuel. A simple dimple will not do this. A sump does not have to cost much, a lot of people use something like a small pan off of an auto transmission as a cheap sump.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online