Duel fuel Pumps?

Beanhead

Reaction score
Can any of you post up pics of your duel stock fuel pump set up?

I have some ideas for my set up just looking for a little more info.I don't plan on splitting the fuel line to the back of the heads.Just going with a single line feed to my Reg Regulated return.

Here's what I have set up for the pump and filters.

The fuel pump is mounted on top of the filter bracket.

Attachments

• DSC01974.JPG
    DSC01974.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 121
  • DSC01972.jpg
    DSC01972.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 108
Reaction score
cant see where your second pump is...you need to come out of the tank with a 5/8 line going into the pre pump filter then you need to come out of the pre pump filter with 2 lines..put one pump per line on them 2 lines..then come out of them 2 pumps into the post pump filter.. then just use one 1/2 inch line coming out of the post pump filter and send it on up to the motor...

Beanhead

Reaction score
Thanks Ron! I don't have the second pump on yet just looking for mounting ideas.

I like the 5/8'' to 1/2" line idea.

Question! Will I have to run relays for each pump?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
cant see where your second pump is...you need to come out of the tank with a 5/8 line going into the pre pump filter then you need to come out of the pre pump filter with 2 lines..put one pump per line on them 2 lines..then come out of them 2 pumps into the post pump filter.. then just use one 1/2 inch line coming out of the post pump filter and send it on up to the motor...

Exactly how I have mine. Napa sells a dual in dual out filter head btw. Cleaner the two Y's

97powerstroke

Reaction score
Do you have the napa part numbers for the filters and filter bases you used all the ones I've been finding are only good to 350 horsepower

Arisley

Reaction score
Fuel_system1.jpg

I am running a relay for each pump. They are fired by the original factory relay. I have a 12G wire running down to my relays. The wire splits and runs through two thirty amp fuses before the relay.

Last edited:

fatsix

Reaction score
Fuel_system1.jpg

I am running a relay for each pump. They are fired by the original factory relay. I have a 12G wire running down to my relays. The wire splits and runs through two thirty amp fuses before the relay.

Holy Hose clamps Batman.

Good idea for a setup tho. Does this setup draw from both tanks if so, How are your returns configured?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good idea for a setup tho. Does this setup draw from both tanks if so, How are your returns configured?

this is for a single tank...i dont know how a second tanks works on these trucks but you would need to plumb in a 5/8 line from there as well..as for the return..run a single 3/8 line from your regulator back to the tank...

Beanhead

Reaction score
These are a bunch of cell phone pics but you will get the idea. I have a fass pump in my truck and wanted to match the filters and this seemed like the best way to do it.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6329

Thanks for the pics! All ideas welcome.

The filter heads I used from NAPA are wix 24770. Youll need 2 and they are both 1/2" Dual in, dual out.

Yes that the filter housings I have is a NAPA 4770.

Here is the relay set I think I'm going to use.http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/10566/10002/-1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.