Dumb azz not paying attention destroyed my truck

TrickTruck

Reaction score
My lawyer is already involved.

The dumb azz only had $25k of property damage on her policy and Geico is not going to pay any more than that.

She's some 19yr old, probably doesn't have two cents to rub together. I'll get a judgement on her, but what good will that do?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Did you have Geico or does the person that hit you? It sounds like the person that hit your wife has Geico and had 25K in property damage. If the other party has Geicothen I hope you have full coverage or un/underinsured motorist. If not you are going to have to fight them, the driver not the insurance. If you have un/underinsured motorist then your insurance will pick up the rest because its not off your property damage, its based off the amount the other carrier pays.
Either way tell ask them about replacement value. Dont know if your state has the same type of thing in SC but here its called Department of Insurance. They will try and weasel into KBB but if you demand replacement they have to pay you.
All insurance companies are crooks. The claims dumb asses try and get out the cheapest possible and no matter if you have been with them for 30+ years, they don't care. Just that they can go to their boss and say I got him to take this amount under what he was entitled. I think they are used car salesman and just above a cockroach.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Does your insurance policy cover underi-nsured drivers?
Yes. But they have already said rental max is $50/day. The SUV we finally rented on our own is $793/week. That's like two weeks. Body shop guy already said it's a minimum of a month to fix and that assumes the frame doesn't need replacement which is highly likely.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yes. But they have already said rental max is $50/day. The SUV we finally rented on our own is $793/week. That's like two weeks. Body shop guy already said it's a minimum of a month to fix and that assumes the frame doesn't need replacement which is highly likely.

Ask about loss of use also, that adds onto the rental along with the Geico should be paying the rental along with what your company pays.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
You should be dealing with your insurance company and your lawyer. Let them go after the other party's insurance.

Yea, after Geico left my tired and sore wife standing at the rental agency for 2 hours last night after promising that it would be all setup when she got there this is where I'm at.

My lawyer is involved and so is my ins co. Which my co was right up front stating very early on that there would be a $1k deductible and there were some pretty low rental limits.

Brian22

Reaction score
With a possible twisted frame, I'd do everything I could to get it totaled out. It will never drive the same again. Better just to start new and fresh with a new truck.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
It doesn't look that bad, but at a bare minimum it's the
tailgate & linex
bed corners, jury rigged with bondo
bumper assy
receiver hitch
spare tire mounting
1 king shock is bent from the spare hitting it
exhaust is bent from the spare hitting it
and whatever is bent with the frame as it's showing damage

And that's just what I could see in the parking lot

Her car is totaled and it took two people with fire extinguishers to put out the flames. Ironic the guy w/ one fire extinguisher is smoking - lol.

Attachments

• dumb bitch 1.jpg
    dumb bitch 1.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Dumb bitch 2.jpg
    Dumb bitch 2.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 317

Brian22

Reaction score
Not going to lie. I expected the damage to be way way worse than that. Especially if the other driver was hitting triple digit speeds.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
At first glance I didn't think it was bad either.

The wrecking yard was this mudpit in a cesspool side of town so I didn't crawl under and look until I got to the body shop. Had I seen the extent I would not have let wifey drive it. IDK how it drove.

The drop hitch & receiver took the brunt. Drop hitch was one of those solid steel units too and it's bent all to hell. There was a LOT of force here.

Brian22

Reaction score
Also, if the truck is not totaled out. Make sure the insurance cuts you a check for the depreciated value as well. Now the truck has an accident and frame damage on carfax. The frame damage alone drops the value of the truck by 25%.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Already had that convo too. Lawyer says it's a tough pull b/c no one will admit in writing that they will screw you out of thousands for having a carfax.

Latest posts

Members online