Duramax girl bought a 6.4

Dave

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Chelsey. That harley truck is gonna look sweet when youre done with it

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. What is everyones opinion on the 6.4? I've heard various opinions ranging from "They suck" to "they're awesome and strong"... Not quite sure what to believe.
I am planning to do the DPF and EGR delete asap. In the mean time how easy is it to check the EGR valve on these trucks? I've read its a PITA.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. What is everyones opinion on the 6.4? I've heard various opinions ranging from "They suck" to "they're awesome and strong"... Not quite sure what to believe.
I am planning to do the DPF and EGR delete asap. In the mean time how easy is it to check the EGR valve on these trucks? I've read its a PITA.

They're strong running engines, but they do have a few issues. Poor piston design, and higher mileage engines have rocker arm and lifter failures. The EGR delete on the 6.4 is definitely a lot easier to do than a 6.0.

01PSD

Reaction score

The faster you can do the DPF/EGR delete.. the better. The 6.4s HATE emissions equipment. How many miles are on it?

Reaction score

It's a love hate for me. Love the power and ride, that is when it's running. If they were a little more reliable they'd be perfect.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Let me know if I can help , I make egr deletes and intake elbows. I actually have some hs race tuners in stock as well.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Let me know if I can help , I make egr deletes and intake elbows. I actually have some hs race tuners in stock as well.

how much for an egr kit from ya shipped to Ontario, Canada? i prob wont need an hs race tuner, dont need/want to make a lot of power.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Best kit? Sinister delete kit? then I need something to remove the code with... prob will buy an H&S.

MiniMaxx, the price has gone a bit crazy on the delete tuners though.

^This guy for the egr delete, nicer piece and not ugly blue.

Latest posts

Members online