Duramax girl bought a 6.4

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yep, if I was you I'd be willing to try to replace the controls and then take it from there...

Good Luck!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to flush the heater core with CLR along with a good pressure wash and go from there. Thanks!
Just feel the hoses and if they are both the same temperature you are wasting your time flushing it, trust me this time of year I diagnose a ton of no a poor heat issues on customers vehicles and using simple process of elimination you can find and fix it every time.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY HAVE HEAT!

Took an hour to fix. Flushed the system with bowl cleaner twice, then back flushed it a few times. It was so plugged, out of 10 it was like an 11. I now have hot hot heat that stays. I'm happy that's what the issue was.

Doing the deletes in the new year and going to save up for the H&S Single Turbo.

Merry Christmas everyone!

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY HAVE HEAT!

Took an hour to fix. Flushed the system with bowl cleaner twice, then back flushed it a few times. It was so plugged, out of 10 it was like an 11. I now have hot hot heat that stays. I'm happy that's what the issue was.

Doing the deletes in the new year and going to save up for the H&S Single Turbo.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Glad you got it heating again! Have a Merry Christmas and stay warm!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

08sixfour12

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested.

Ordering my exhaust in the next two weeks and just deciding on tuning, not going to go with the minimaxx because their technical support is gone (so I've heard). Anyone know if Spartan is going to end up like that? otherwise I'm going to buy a Torque Technologies tuner and hope they allow for custom tunes in the future.

Got my fiancé out of the 6.0 life (he loves my 6.4). Pending sale of his 06 this weekend - he's buying an 08 manual 6.4 in the next two weeks if the sale goes through.
2isb8eb.jpg

strokinpower

Reaction score
I would still go with a mini maxx. If you buy it from someone reputable they can still get help from H&S even though they are "gone" I wouldn't mess with spartan personally. If you don't want to do H&S I would get an SCT with some custom tunes.

pog

Reaction score
find a used minimaxx or a sct livewire. whatever you do get gear head tunes and dont look back.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
I would still go with a mini maxx. If you buy it from someone reputable they can still get help from H&S even though they are "gone" I wouldn't mess with spartan personally. If you don't want to do H&S I would get an SCT with some custom tunes.

Yeah? Why wouldn't you go with Spartan? I've heard so many mixed reviews on their tuning just unsure as to what to believe and what not to.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks I'll defiantly try and get my hands on a minimaxx. I was under the impression that you could custom tune on a Spartan which lead me in that direction..

You cant custom tune on a spartan and i dont believe it is in the cards to custom tune on a TT.

like pog said....Gearhead tunes and dont look back. Either grab an H&S or an SCT.

i have a used XRT PRO and and USED 9625OR if you are interested...

08sixfour12

Reaction score
You cant custom tune on a spartan and i dont believe it is in the cards to custom tune on a TT.

like pog said....Gearhead tunes and dont look back. Either grab an H&S or an SCT.

i have a used XRT PRO and and USED 9625OR if you are interested...

Hey I know I PM-ed you - just found an old SCT 8900 sitting in the shed here at the shop. Probably going to use this thing and buy gearhead tunes for it, it'll only hold 3 tunes... Which package from them is advisable?

sootie

Reaction score
is the 8900 a delete capable tuner? i would go with street, hot street and race. in truthfulness-i ran a studded truck with SCT and only bought the race tune. you can tow with it but just go easy on the right foot.

08sixfour12

Reaction score
is the 8900 a delete capable tuner? i would go with street, hot street and race. in truthfulness-i ran a studded truck with SCT and only bought the race tune. you can tow with it but just go easy on the right foot.

Ya called SCT, they claimed it was with custom tunes loaded on.

08sixfour12

Reaction score

And the most I tow right now is sleds and dirtbikes... Realllll heavy loads.... :p

sootie

Reaction score
just run the race tune then if your studded, if not, hot street

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.