Duramax Killer about to be on the loose.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I just have to say my hats off to the EDP crew for not only investing in this project but also just having the bawls to do it. I bet they are worth every penny and there damn beautiful too.

Jake

Reaction score
Those are going to be sweet! Can't wait to see what they will do

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

K_Hood

Reaction score
I agree and I bet you're really close on the price .. these might be going on my list of things to buy . :D

Your truck is already nasty enough, I can't imagine what a set of these will do to it. :jawdrop:

Those look killer. I may have to re-sign and stay over here in Afghanistan just to afford building something like this up. :D

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
What is the point of not having water jackets in the heads for race/competition? What does the water jackets hurt? Strength?

Solid heads are easier to make. Adding water jackets add a lot of complexity.

Most billet heads, even with water jackets, dont have enough water jacket for true daily drivers. Until Empire releases a cast head there won't be any true daily drivers running these heads.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Most billet heads, even with water jackets, dont have enough water jacket for true daily drivers. Until Empire releases a cast head there won't be any true daily drivers running these heads.

Why would it have to be a cast head?

BFT

Reaction score
IMG_4716.jpg

Mdub707

Reaction score
What is it that is just so sexy about a chunk of machined aluminum? I love it.

Glad to see someone step it up for the 6.4's!

powr2stroke

Reaction score

Thanks for clearing that up Tadd , don't want to drop that much dinero if drivability is an issue , but they sure do look " sexy " !!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Tadd , don't want to drop that much dinero if drivability is an issue , but they sure do look " sexy " !!

Nah just build two motors, one for the street and one for the strip and swap them out when you want to do one or the other. The wife will totally understand

:rockon:

powr2stroke

Reaction score
Nah just build two motors, one for the street and one for the strip and swap them out when you want to do one or the other. The wife will totally understand

:rockon:

That's a great idea bubba . Eric you're always thinking ahead . I did tell her 2011 was mine and the only horses I was buying this year had to fit under the hood . :D

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Because of the thickness of the materials. A cast piece will be a lot stronger then that of aluminum

Someone should think outside the box and try a new material like Ti or some stainless machined heads. If I had the geometery to make a tool path.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone should think outside the box and try a new material like Ti or some stainless machined heads. If I had the geometery to make a tool path.....

I'd say these heads are enough out of the box thinking to start with. I think once they are proven then it would be worth the cost to look at other materials.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.