Dyno big 3 canceled

Notneb

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to start this thread just to let everyone know that the dyno that was happening with Mike at No Limit on the 28th will not be happening. For anyone not familiar, Jomax and I were going to dyno Sp@rtan, P!P and GH/AS tunes to get some firm numbers out to the PSA members.

Long story short I had to rush my GF to the emergency room last night, they did exploratory surgery and she's stable, but I'll be spending the duration of her hospital stay on a less than comfortable couch, lol.

To make matters worse, the exhaust block off plate where my EGR used to be, decided to come loose enough to cause a major boost/exhaust leak stranding my truck in the hospital parking lot! Gotta love Murphy's law... Anyways it's my own fault for doing a crappy mill job to the piece as it didn't quite fit *random production error, in no way is it No Limit's fault* so it lifted enough on the bolt to cause about a 1/16th gap on the back part. Here's a sh!tty pic for you:
003_zpsw73oiqqu.jpg

As you can see, I'm not a master fabricator... but I did the best I could with a drill press and a lot of cussing... Hopefully Mike can get the part out today!

Sorry again guys, I know this has been planned for a month, but Murphy's Law seems to follow me around pretty hard core lately!

Shout out to Jomax for keeping me sane last night waiting on news, beers on me next time!

Notneb

Reaction score
Update: Talking to Jomax he realized I have the wrong part. So what happened when I originally d3leted the truck, was I installed Midwest's Piping kit, which d3leted all the stock intake and IC piping, including one of the parts that requires that block off valve. So when I talked to No Limit *not Mike, can't remember who it was* I explained all the parts I was installing and had them send me the only parts I would need. Looks like we had a mix up in communication so the part that was supposed to go on the coolant block, went on my exhaust block. I didn't even think to call and ask, because I didn't even know that there was another block off plate.

So now I really look dumb! Lol, life is just piling it on right now...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I was wondering why that plate was where it was!!

Sorry to hear about all the troubles man....

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd never taken the EGR off my 2012 due to smog *visual* checks in Seattle, so I had no idea that there was another damn near identical block off plate for the stock configuration.

What's funny is I've been talking to Mike over the last few months about replacing the plate, but we both get so busy that we forget, lol. The part never gave me issues so I just never really got around to replacing it. Thankfully it held together while I was pushing the throttle through the floor, really speaks towards No Limit products if a part that's not designed for pressure or heat, much less "redneck engineered" to fit , holds together in arguably the hottest/most boost that the engine has seen so far in it's life!

Notneb

Reaction score
So are you going to reschedule for the dyno?

Yup, once she gets the green light from the Dr., I'll coordinate with Jomax and Mike. Luckily they only had to do a laparoscopy, so the recovery time is measured in weeks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i was looking forward to this, but obviously dyno time means nothing in terms of this. stay in touch its an easy reschedule , and best of luck to her getting better quick !

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
*** the truck. get the girl back on her feet then worry about it.. its drivable if needed.. hope for a speedy recovery bud!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
*** the truck. get the girl back on her feet then worry about it.. its drivable if needed.. hope for a speedy recovery bud!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Exactly. Get the queen work ways and the rest will right itself

Jomax

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to start this thread just to let everyone know that the dyno that was happening with Mike at No Limit on the 28th will not be happening. For anyone not familiar, Jomax and I were going to dyno Sp@rtan, P!P and GH/AS tunes to get some firm numbers out to the PSA members.

Long story short I had to rush my GF to the emergency room last night, they did exploratory surgery and she's stable, but I'll be spending the duration of her hospital stay on a less than comfortable couch, lol.

To make matters worse, the exhaust block off plate where my EGR used to be, decided to come loose enough to cause a major boost/exhaust leak stranding my truck in the hospital parking lot! Gotta love Murphy's law... Anyways it's my own fault for doing a crappy mill job to the piece as it didn't quite fit *random production error, in no way is it No Limit's fault* so it lifted enough on the bolt to cause about a 1/16th gap on the back part. Here's a sh!tty pic for you:

003_zpsw73oiqqu.jpg

As you can see, I'm not a master fabricator... but I did the best I could with a drill press and a lot of cussing... Hopefully Mike can get the part out today!

Sorry again guys, I know this has been planned for a month, but Murphy's Law seems to follow me around pretty hard core lately!

Shout out to Jomax for keeping me sane last night waiting on news, beers on me next time!

Don't kill yourself about installing the wrong part. I'm sure all of us that works on our own trucks has done It, me included.

Like everyone said, GF first, trucks are just a bucket of bolts in the end.

As Mike said, the dyno will be another day, in which I'm looking forward to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes. They do. He is getting his and myselfs girlfriend back to fighting shape LOL

Notneb

Reaction score
Lol, yes the surgery was very non invasive, the crap they can do in medicine now astounds me... Should get released today hopefully!

Latest posts

Members online