Dyno numbers

bdm1981

Reaction score
Well Wednesday I have an appointment to get the truck dynoed. Just curious what some of you guys that are running a similar setup to what I have that have had their truck dynoed and what numbers you were seeing. Trucks that are running stock fuel and non VGT turbos. 63 or 64 size. Appreciate the input. Kind of anxious to see what she will do.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I know on my 66 my times put me at 600 but I think on the dyno it would see mid 500s. I have pushed stock fuel 11-14s limits pretty far I ran a 12.9@103and think I have used every bit the pump can possibly make.

JRLott

Reaction score
You do fv(kin realize today is Friday and making us wait 5 days for results is complete horse hockey...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know on my 66 my times put me at 600 but I think on the dyno it would see mid 500s. I have pushed stock fuel 11-14s limits pretty far I ran a 12.9@103and think I have used every bit the pump can possibly make.

what's that thing weigh ?

ben i would assume you're in the 540-550 range . dyno in 5th and also make a pull in 6th .

bdm1981

Reaction score
what's that thing weigh ?

ben i would assume you're in the 540-550 range . dyno in 5th and also make a pull in 6th .
Well I was gonna have him do it today but he had a Duramax on the dyno so he didn't have time. I hate to leave you all in suspense...lol. Actually really wish Wednesday would hurry up and get here. Pretty excited about it.

Will do Mike. I'm sure once I get some basic numbers I'm gonna be giving you a call wanting to add fuelers to it...lol. Turbo seems like it wants more fuel.

Last edited:

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Yeah plus I went overkill on traction bars so it's a extra 100+ lbs lol, man I think dual fuel with a 63 is over kill I know in 15,000 miles on stock 12 fuel I had killed my turbo. More fuel will just kill it faster I think for dual fuel a 66 or bigger to get much use out of it.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Yeah plus I went overkill on traction bars so it's a extra 100+ lbs lol, man I think dual fuel with a 63 is over kill I know in 15,000 miles on stock 12 fuel I had killed my turbo. More fuel will just kill it faster I think for dual fuel a 66 or bigger to get much use out of it.
That's something else I need is traction bars. I'm sure mine ain't gonna be no lightweight considering that heavy front bumper I have on it. I'm not sure yet if I will do fuelers yet or not. Depends on what kind of numbers I put up. I'm actually very satisfied with the power it makes now. I'm just one of those guys that can't leave things alone...lol.

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Yeah traction bars are a must for these trucks stock. I'm the same but I'm not gonna do dual fuel till I have enough for a 369 with a 1.0 housing then I'll feel comfortable enough to do dual fuel and not blow another turbo up. These trucks are fun with a simple turbo upgrade and good tuning. 700hp in these trucks makes power so smooth it's scary you look down and your at 100 in no time.

bdm1981

Reaction score
There are a few 6.7 trucks in my area but none that have any upgrades like I have on mine. It's funny when they stare at my truck when I drive by. It's amazing how much power these things make.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's something else I need is traction bars. I'm sure mine ain't gonna be no lightweight considering that heavy front bumper I have on it. I'm not sure yet if I will do fuelers yet or not. Depends on what kind of numbers I put up. I'm actually very satisfied with the power it makes now. I'm just one of those guys that can't leave things alone...lol.

i honestly cant believe you dont have them yet. HUGE improvement in shifting and traction. these truck need them bad.

yeah cody , the 6.4's that make 560-570 run those times so thats prolly about where you are if not higher, because they shift less . my truck with amp steps, ala's , traction bars , a ton of stereo stuff, sunroof , 1/2 tank is 7700 or so .

bdm1981

Reaction score
i honestly cant believe you dont have them yet. HUGE improvement in shifting and traction. these truck need them bad.

yeah cody , the 6.4's that make 560-570 run those times so thats prolly about where you are if not higher, because they shift less . my truck with amp steps, ala's , traction bars , a ton of stereo stuff, sunroof , 1/2 tank is 7700 or so .
I will have to say that will more than likely be my next move is traction bars. It needs them bad...

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty happy with my times mike just hadn't seen any 11-14 break into the 12s. Now I just need to pull the leveling kit and rear block go to a street tire with a 69 and dual fuel. Then wait for the rod to make a showing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty happy with my times mike just hadn't seen any 11-14 break into the 12s. Now I just need to pull the leveling kit and rear block go to a street tire with a 69 and dual fuel. Then wait for the rod to make a showing.

haha at least you're prepared for it . let me know when you're ready for fuel :)

Latest posts

Members online