Dyno tunes NC

sethafrye

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get my 06 6.0 Truck tuned at around Charlotte NC? Doing s369 fmw and 190/100 injectors. Just would like it dyno tuned and not just buy tunes

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

loboost

Reaction score
Most any tuner is willing to work with a shop with a dyno. But prepare to spend some money. Just get an email tune and have it tweaked if necessary. You can't "realtime tune " a 6l like you're probably thinking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Most any tuner is willing to work with a shop with a dyno. But prepare to spend some money. Just get an email tune and have it tweaked if necessary. You can't "realtime tune " a 6l like you're probably thinking.

since when cant you live tune a 6 leaker?

live life full throttle

loboost

Reaction score
since when cant you live tune a 6 leaker?

live life full throttle
I questioned this once, and was told you can live tune in the regards of, loading a file -running on a dyno- returning to stock - modifying the file- load again.

VS something like eec iv , that parameters can be adjusted in the middle of a dyno run be it through sct, megasquirt, tweecer etc.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I questioned this once, and was told you can live tune in the regards of, loading a file -running on a dyno- returning to stock - modifying the file- load again.

VS something like eec iv , that parameters can be adjusted in the middle of a dyno run be it through sct, megasquirt, tweecer etc.

oh ok

live life full throttle

loboost

Reaction score
oh ok

live life full throttle
I guess my wording was off. You can live tune them, on a dyno with a tuner on standby to modify the files, but not realtime tune as you can with most gas vehicles.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I guess my wording was off. You can live tune them, on a dyno with a tuner on standby to modify the files, but not realtime tune as you can with most gas vehicles.

guess i thought they could be just like a 7.3..

live life full throttle

loboost

Reaction score
guess i thought they could be just like a 7.3..

live life full throttle
As far as a I know 7 3 trucks use an eec v as to where the 03 6l and later use a can-bus. Eec v has a j3 port and can be tuned realtime provided someone has the proper software and hardware. 6l must be done via obd2 port.

sethafrye

Reaction score
Think I will stick with what I first planned on, and go with GH tunes. Thanks for the info because I run the livewire on my truck

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
Hey, I'm up in hickory. I think theres a guy around Conover area that has a dyno and may write tunes too, could be wrong tho. And not sure what type is dyno. I'll check into it if you want

sethafrye

Reaction score
Thanks! Either way I'm going to start out using GH for tuning, after getting some miles on it I will probably look for a more solid tune for my setup

sethafrye

Reaction score
Thank you! My truck should be done tomorrow, then heading to Rudy's Friday afternoon

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get my 06 6.0 Truck tuned at around Charlotte NC? Doing s369 fmw and 190/100 injectors. Just would like it dyno tuned and not just buy tunes

Rudys might be a bit of a drive, but in NC he's the diesel King. Fastest 6.4 I've ever seen, it's not "consistent" by definition but 9.9 is fast as hell. Might be worth a call

01 7.3 F250
Stock

sethafrye

Reaction score
I'm going to data log it on a dyno
soon, then see if GH can let me know if anything needs tweeked on their tunes. Just have to get actual boost psi first. My sct livewire won't go past 29psi

Latest posts

Members online