E-fuel problem

79jasper

Reaction score
Oh its stock in the fueling department. Lol
I haven't even messed with the hydra anymore.
Got the hose and about to throw it on. We'll see how it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Haven't done a road test yet, but I think it's fixed. At least it actually idled for about 30 Minutes.
Definitely runs smoother with the E-fuel.

So now the question is (which I'm in no big hurry) should I fix whatever the actual air leak was? I do sometimes use the rear tank. So should I replace the orings in the quick connects? Or replace with manual valves? 3rd option would be using the rear as an auxiliary tank and get a cheap electric pump to pump from the rear tank to the front.
I would just ****** the rear, but I don't think I can fit the bigger SD front tank.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I was faced with the same problem. I didn't want just one tank. So I put a 5/8"s draw tube in front tank and then I put a small pump that pumped fuel from back tank to the front whenever I switched to the back tank.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
You can get a hot wire off the selector valve harness to energize a relay for the pump. Have it so when you hit the rear tank, it also turns the pump on.

79jasper

Reaction score
Good idea.
Iirc, the way the selector valve works is it reverses the polarity when you switch tanks. I'll just have to do some probing.
Tcase is the next big project. Hoping to pick one up tomorrow.

Swaan

Reaction score
Just put a 38 gal tank in the rear and be done with it .
That's a 400-450 mile range , how much fuel do you need .
It's sooooooo much cleaner with just one tank. You can get rid of the front tank , selector swith and the rats nest of fuel lines.
That's what I did and love it. To each there own I guess but sounds like you've found your problem, so that's a step in the right direction

79jasper

Reaction score
Well.... My 4 inch exhaust is practically already touching the rear tank. Lol
Otherwise I would take a single rear over a single midship. Not sure what I'll do yet.
Oh yeah, mine is a cab & chassis, I thought the bigger rear tank won't fit since my frame is narrower?

Swaan

Reaction score
Mmmmmm
Ya I'm not sure on the cab and chassis thing .
I'd look into it thou.
I had to tweak my 4" exaust a bit to clear my tank but it fit fine .

old man dave

Reaction score
The tank selector switch reverses polarity to the valve selector motor to change valve position and tank fuel level sensor switch contacts.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen some other valves used by the biofuel guys.
They seem pretty hefty.

Couple of the biofuel solenoid valves I've checked have a large pipe size (like 1/2NPT) but the internals are very undersized. Same story with hydraulic solenoid valves.

Some guys have claimed to find inexpensive hydraulic and other solenoid valves that have a large fitting size and large internals but have never posted a part number.:lame:

79jasper

Reaction score
That's the usual.
I had search in the past, looking at the same specifications.
I had found some but of course never saved them.

genie144

Reaction score
Couple of the biofuel solenoid valves I've checked have a large pipe size (like 1/2NPT) but the internals are very undersized. Same story with hydraulic solenoid valves.

Some guys have claimed to find inexpensive hydraulic and other solenoid valves that have a large fitting size and large internals but have never posted a part number.:lame:

I'll post a part number. 1/2" npt and were good enough for ~600hp on a dyno (limited by tuning not fuel).

Sam

Latest posts

Members online