E4OD Issues

Reaction score
Installed a built trans from a trans shop i use regularly and have never had any issue. The issue that i am having is it will not make the 1-2 shift in Drive. All other shifts are fine but will not make the 1-2 you must rev out in 1st and lift and let it shift straight to 3rd. However if you use the manual 1 and 2 on the column it will shift 1-2 nice and firm like it should. So start in 1 bump it to 2 bam shift, then bump it to drive once rpms get up and bam 3rd. But if you go from 2 to drive before the pcm commands 3rd it will no into nuetral and you have to lift and allow it to shift to 3rd.

I have replace the solenoid pack, neutral safety switch, and the solenoid pack wiring pigtail all with no change. Where do i go now?

Reaction score
Stuck valve in the accumulator body... ORRRRR it's center support issue, if the PCM is commanding the shift and nothing happens.. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
If it's a stuck valve in the accumulator body why will it operate when shifted manually? Doesn't the accumulator body still govern the pressure to the apply piston?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
In manual 2nd the intermediate band is applied, the coast clutches and intermediates are applied... Soooo if you look at your valve body description the band is doing thee exact same thing as the intermediates would do if they weren't applied, it's holding the direct drum stationary making it feel like 2nd gear is applied, and the coasts create the extra holding power.. If the 1-2 valve is stuck it will not shift until road speed is reached to command 2-3 shift which then the directs are commanded on to hold third gear.. IF you have a center support issue that is causing the a leak at the intermediate circuit through the overdrive piston assembly it can cause no 2nd gear... OR he rolled the lip seals causing a massive leak inside the intermediate overdrive apply piston. Which in that case will cause a slipped shift.. If you have a stuck valve it will cause a hard bang shift or no shift condition because as the fluid pressure gets greater and greater due to the valves resistance to move it cause the shift to become harsh.. Did he machine the plates for the direct and forward.. The E4OD uses a different intermediate setup than the 4R100 that doesn't cause near the intermediate failures due to a much better intermediate piston where you can get away with three frictions and three kolene steels. The 4R100 intermediate apply piston isn't as sturdy so it's best to run 4 in that set up.. P.M for more info.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.