E4od question

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Hey guys the truck hesitates to go after it is already in reverse. I hooked up the odb2 and the omes are reading good on the pressure sensor and it gives me the pressure at the sensor. Does anyone know what the pressure at the sensor is suppose to be? Not line pressure but sensor pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Hey guys the truck hesitates to go after it is already in reverse. I hooked up the odb2 and the omes are reading good on the pressure sensor and it gives me the pressure at the sensor. Does anyone know what the pressure at the sensor is suppose to be? Not line pressure but sensor pressure
I don't know what "omes" are. Do you mean ohms, as in electrical resistance through the solenoid? If so, you can't read that in the OBDII stream.

As for what the sensor pressure should be, that's what you are reading from the OBDII stream. You are reading what the pressure should be. You can't read actual sensor pressure, the is no port to read it.

The method to determine if the sensor pressure is correct is to install a pressure gauge in the test port. Read the pressure at idle in P,R,N,D,2, and 1. Read it at WOT in R, D, 2, and 1. NEVER hold WOT for more than 5 seconds, and always allow at least 30 seconds idling time in neutral or park between WOT readings.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I have an odbii live data reader and it is giving me different readings as I press the gas, go from gear to gear.

So I am understanding your correctly the readings I am getting from the live data is only what it should be not what it actually is?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
That's correct. There are no pressure sensors in the trans, so the PCM has no way to know what the actual pressures are. You are reading what the PCM is telling the transmission to do, not what is really happening.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.