E4OD tranny question

WeBeStrokin

Reaction score
I just bought a 96 250 yesterday and when I took it for a test drive the truck worked great and even after driving it around for a little bit more. Then we loaded it on the trailer to bring it home cause I can't get tags til monday. I backed the truck off the trailer and went to put it in gear and it will not go into any forward drive gear. I checked all the fuses, tranny fluid, and also the wires into the tranny. I am stumped on where to look next, or what to do, can anyone help me.

JD3020

Reaction score
Its possible the clutches are burnt. My brother had the same problem with his OBS. He had a Ford re-man, which was a POS, but one day it went out. We drove home fine, trans was nice and cool, shifted fine, and had 0 issues. Shut it off, went inside, came back out and no forward movement. It'd go anywhere in reverse but not forward, Ford said the clutches were burnt up.

WeBeStrokin

Reaction score
Well I climbed under the truck while it was being shifted and and everything down to the shifted going in was moving but when going into forward gear it didn't clink or make a sound at all. And Jimmy you think the clutches themselves are burnt out. And if that's the case then I will try my transmission out of my 95 for in it.

JD3020

Reaction score
Well I climbed under the truck while it was being shifted and and everything down to the shifted going in was moving but when going into forward gear it didn't clink or make a sound at all. And Jimmy you think the clutches themselves are burnt out. And if that's the case then I will try my transmission out of my 95 for in it.

Its possible. Like i said my brothers truck was perfectly normal, not a single issue out of it. Backed it in, went inside, came out and no forward gears. The Ford tech said that every forward clutch was burnt up.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
When the clutches went on the 00 it just sat there & free revved like it was in neutral. Stopped at a light & went to hit the throttle & nothing happened. Pulled it off the road & winched it onto a trailer & was able to drive it off & into the shop an hour or so later. Tore it down & a few clutches were crispy critters.

Latest posts

Members online